3rd Best Of to be a complete 1980-2000? one? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2002, 08:15 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 04:14 AM
3rd Best Of to be a complete 1980-200? one?

Just wondering whether, with everyone talking about the possibility of Walk On and Elevation being put on the Best Of 2000-2010 whether anyone thinks they'll just release an overall Best of as the third intsllment on that contract for three best of's? Maybe that's why they're holding them back. It's been too little time since they were released. People are still buying ATYCLB so maybe they just want to sell a few more before they put them on a best of. Perhaps a two-disc complete best of? A box set? To be released Christmas 2004 when the next album has run its course? WHo knows? Does anyone care?

Old 11-03-2002, 08:48 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:14 PM
Since there have been some notable songs left out of the 2 best of albums and the b-sides disc I would have to guess that a box set is in the future. This way they can put all of the stuff they wanted to put on the best of discs and satisfy some of us die-hard fans! Purely speculation though of course......

Old 11-03-2002, 08:48 PM   #3
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:14 PM
i'm guessing they will do a 2000-2010. at the very least, they've got another album up their sleeves, coming out very soon. i highly doubt they'll overlook it to cover earlier stuff more, as elvis presley said, i bet they'll probably release a box set, maybe somewhere around the time they release their last studio album.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:44 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 10:14 PM
I think we can count on at least two, and probably three albums from U2 in the next eight years. Plenty of material for the Best of 2000-2010