3d Live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kkaider

Acrobat
Anyone know what this is all about?

http://www.gizmag.com/u2-stereoscopic-3d-concert/8534/

Here is the relevant part of the article:

December 19, 2007 Irish supergroup U2 has followed film-maker James Cameron’s lead in embracing state-of-the-art digital 3D technology with plans for a concert to be filmed live in 3D and then streamed in real time to digital cinemas around the world.

In what is claimed to be world first for the video streaming of a live concert, the plans could see U2 witnessed live in glorious 3D thanks to groundbreaking digital stereoscopic 3D projection streamed via satellite.

Is this a reporter getting the details of U2:3D confused? Or is there a future second 3D show that will go LIVE to theaters?

That would be GLORIOUS. BUT -
How in the world would they sell tickets for this, with limited theaters and seats???????????? Talk about frustsration.

blm said:
That would be GLORIOUS. BUT -
How in the world would they sell tickets for this, with limited theaters and seats???????????? Talk about frustsration.

Oh, that would be so terrible to miss out on this.

yeah that info is just not correct. im sure they mixed it up and are talking about U23D which is a concert film, already made, and going to be played in 3D theaters in a few months.

I don't think this is bogus, I remember hearing about this a year ago somewhere. I had all my U2 friends on high alert for a possible concert this past autumn in case U2 managed to pull this off, but I guess the delay in releasing U23D pushed back this live concert 3D stream.

I reckon everything will depend upon how well the film is received come January. Even if the film bombs, U2 might still want to do this project anyway in order to break new ground, if nothing else.

If they do decide to do this, I'd imagine they'd wait until their new album comes out and their tour is well under way. No way will they do a live broadcast of a one-off show this summer after not playing together for 1.5 years. Remember the Popmart Las Vegas disaster.

Assuming they want the concert filmed from a stadium, that might mean they'll wait until Summer 2009 (unless the new album comes out in the next four months) and do the live broadcast from a stadium in some European city. Let's take a wild guess and say... Dublin.

Last edited:
wouldn't the sound be drowned out by people singing really loudly (and out of tune) in the theater?

4U2Play, can you tell me where I can find your avatar image? Thanks...

so i'm kind of confused...U2 will broadcast in 3D to a theater of some sort in some city around the world one of their shows live during their next tour?

Rob33 said:
4U2Play, can you tell me where I can find your avatar image?

It's a photo I shot from the front rail during "SBS" at the Tokyo 3 show last December 4, 2006. Bono brought up a little Japanese kid onstage and had him (her) shout 'no more'.

I have it posted here:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2998040580101351011xRrSHF

(Click on the magnifying glass icon beneath the picture to blow it up... check out Edge's smile)

Last edited:
4U2Play said:

It's a photo I shot from the front rail during "SBS" at the Tokyo 3 show last December 4, 2006. Bono brought up a little Japanese kid onstage and had him (her) shout 'no more'.

I have it posted here:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2998040580101351011xRrSHF

(Click on the magnifying glass icon beneath the picture to blow it up... check out Edge's smile)

what a sweet pic !!

and I am so envious of ya... going to the premiere.. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom