300 Takes !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
back to the comparison.

If we can look past the fact that Munch likely went insane from poisoning, lol. Bloody paints as they were created back then would drug you if you spent too much time with them.....The Scream is really a universal theme. I mean, we've all wanted to scream in horror at the many things which occur that seem beyond our control. For Munch, the painting may have been far more personal (don't remember the background on the painting other than there are about 3 versions). Nonethless, it is a feeling we all experience to varying degrees, and that's why it's so accessible.

That same energy and intention is more obvious in the form of music, imho. Or, it is more easy to recognize because the majority of people in our era have greater familiarity with a tune than a painting. U2 also have something rather universal to say with Vertigo. And, while I would dearly love to know "what it all means" with respects to the song, I believe I won't discover the meaning until the the album ships. IMHO, this is just like any great The Who Rock Opera, lol.

The funny thing is, I did ask Edge what it all meant in a very round about way, but I understand that by not answering, the Edge is really saying that the answer won't be given away until the masterpiece is fully revealed.

P.S.
Don't give it away. I'm happy to learn it in time. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom