30 Sec Clips of NLOTH!!!! DISCUSSION ONLY (Do not post download links!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to hear sounds that take me back to Zooropa and Passengers. Here's hoping the album is indeed moody.

Maybe ill go to walmart to buy the album since they were nice enough to put these clips up :)

First rate production on all the tracks.

Crazy Tonight & Stand Up Comedy stand out for me.
White as Snow seemed a little pedestrian.

Being Born eh, I'd expected something very different.

Sounds like they've nailed this album.

based on the clip of stand up comedy:

you telling me that this song is supposed to be the major guitar song on the album, "the closest thing we've done to led-zeppelin", "a mix of come together and heartbreaker" and "if you're gonna do a guitar track you have to go all the way" and based on the clip all i hear is THAT 2 NOTE GUITAR RIFF FROM THE U2.COM CLIPS?!?!!?!!?!!

you've got to be shitting me! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

should've known better than to buy into that bullshit. but hopefully there will be more to the song than THAT.

I had similar thoughts myself... I was expecting LedZep and got...I have no idea what....
it' terrible when you are expecting something specific....it just turns bad when expectations are not met

Magnificent is a really, really appropriate title. I want that song NOWWWWW.

After 30 seconds of the song NLOTH, I can absolutely, definitively say without any reservations and with complete and utter unyielding confidence in a judgment that will stand the test of time that the verse melody is awesome, and the chorus sounds awkward.

Magnificent actually sounds pretty retro to my ears. It sounds like one of their chimey songs from one of the first 3 albums.

Definitely Edge in there.

That's good to know that my ears aren't failing me. I remember before HTDAAB came out and I swore to everyone that the "beneath the noise, below the din", etc. part was Edge and I got a lot of backlash.

I cant wait for this album....Bono is in top form on these songs melody wise....and the vocals are just bang on :)

In fact, if they don't release Magnificent as a single, they're fools. I can't imagine that song not doing phenomenally well as a single.

just clips, so really hard to get a feel but:

stand up comedy made me cringe.

i still think breathe will be the best song on the album.

everything else sounds very intriguing and exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom