30 Sec Clips of NLOTH!!!! DISCUSSION ONLY (Do not post download links!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cedars of Lebanon live :drool: I'm going to like it. I hope it's played.

(Have they ever recently not played a song from a new album at all?)

Title track NLOH sounds great. I just hope they don't market it on WalMart commercials like AC/DC did. That really turns me off for some reason. Seems like they have always been a little cheezy with the marketing of their Albums.
Song clips sound great though.

Cedars of Lebanon live :drool: I'm going to like it. I hope it's played.

(Have they ever recently not played a song from a new album at all?)

um. yeah. lets just take the last 3 albums:

playboy mansion
when i look at the world
grace
a man and a woman
one step closer

Oh. My. God. Wow, wow, wow! I'm speechless at how good these songs sound. This will be a classic. Don't tell me how silly that sounds because I know, but I'm telling you now, this will be a classic album.

Question for the moderators...seeing as how I have "babyface" status, but made such a valuable find, can I automatically get bumped up a status or two???:wink::wink:

based on the clip of stand up comedy:

you telling me that this song is supposed to be the major guitar song on the album, "the closest thing we've done to led-zeppelin", "a mix of come together and heartbreaker" and "if you're gonna do a guitar track you have to go all the way" and based on the clip all i hear is THAT 2 NOTE GUITAR RIFF FROM THE U2.COM CLIPS?!?!!?!!?!!

you've got to be shitting me! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

should've known better than to buy into that bullshit. but hopefully there will be more to the song than THAT.

wow...judging by these clips, the album definitely has a more ambient/moody atmosphere to it. i think like a lot of people here, I'm totally blown away by FEZ-Being Born. I also rrrrreally like the title track, can't wait to hear the rest of it. I'm also thinking that the clip of Unknown Caller is the intro, doesn't one of the reviews talk about Bono singing "sunshine, sunshine" during the intro?

I think WalMart is the biggest music retailer in the United States, right up there with iTunes, so it makes sense that they'd get a special perk like this. Glad to see that U2 is reaching out to the masses with this album.

These clips are enough to confirm for me that the album is going to be 4-5 star level. Just amazing. And they're only 30-second snippets, too. Can anyone confirm that we also got 30-second advance clips like this for the last album? I seem to remember that being the case...

i thought sunshine sunshine was the outro, but not sure. either way, thats definitely not the meat of the song.

See, I don't necessarily have a problem with the U2 of this decade (love ATYLCB... HTDAAB, not so much), but would like to hear a change of pace. From these clips, I gather we'll be getting something of a different beat that the last couple of records.

ALSO, I have no qualms with U2 sounding like U2. I'm hearing a lot of UF-era stuff here... and I love it! For me, personally, I never had as high of an opinion of that album compared to most on these forums, but with this record, it may be a more mature, complete-sounding version of that album (from a band that's experienced much since then). Definitely looking forward to this record :hyper:

I am most surprised about Crazt Tonight sounds like its gonna be a great singalong

I think WalMart is the biggest music retailer in the United States, right up there with iTunes, so it makes sense that they'd get a special perk like this. Glad to see that U2 is reaching out to the masses with this album.

These clips are enough to confirm for me that the album is going to be 4-5 star level. Just amazing. And they're only 30-second snippets, too. Can anyone confirm that we also got 30-second advance clips like this for the last album? I seem to remember that being the case...

We didn't get 30 sec clips for HTDAAB, but we did for ATYCLB, from U2.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom