30 Sec Clips of NLOTH!!!! DISCUSSION ONLY (Do not post download links!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah def. i was really looking forward to that song, but based on the clip the song sounds like typical cookie-cutter U2 rather than Zep. :yuck:

The guitar during the verse sounds quite a bit like Trampled Underfoot. To be honest, saying that something sounds like Led Zeppelin is a bit hard to qualify: Zeppelin had a pretty wide array of sounds to call their own.

i like most of what i hear BUT,

Stand Up Comedy, i mean COME ON!!!! how could they even say that comes close to Led Zeppelin? Another thing i just noticed it sounds exactly like that dave matthews song edge played on at that one show, smooth rider or something.

I was expecting U2 to for ONCE in their career do a real hard rock guitar song, and thats what they made it sound like, and they give us THIS?!?!?

:rant:

I'm thinking the Stand Up Comedy Zeppelin guitar we've been hearing about will most likely be in the verses or intro. I'm digging what I've heard so far from that song anyway

These clips mean the album is coming out the 27th of februari. I refuse(yes I say I refuse) to listen to the clips so it will be a long 3 weeks. But then I put the cd in the player and let it rip. Man, my neighbours are going to love this.

OK, I may be the only one on here, but it's not what I expected. It sounds more like the last two than I had hoped for. I hope the 30 second clips aren't doing it justice. I'm not saying I don't like it, it's just way different than I expected. That's my first impression.

I think Wal-Mart had to have put these up by accident...they're available only on the mp3 page, not the album page in the music store. Album clips usually aren't up a month in advance.....

yup was wondering this too.. big OOPS on their part. I wonder how much longer these will last.

NLOTH - Sounds awesome! The chorus has a weird flow to the lyrical delivery. Very interesting, I can't wait to hear the actual intro and what the whole song sounds like. :hyper: I re-read what I wrote about this and then listened to it a couple more times and think it's much better than the quick pass I took at it. Sounds like a fantastic opener and I love what Bono is doing with his voice.

Magnificent - Pretty much going to be my favorite song, I can tell already. It sounds so awesome and the whole melody of it all is just beautiful. :love:

Moment Of Surrender - WTF is going on in this song :ohmy: Sounds very surreal and strange, and Passengery, kinda reminds me of Your Blue Room. No lyrics from just the clip, so it explains the whole 7 minute deal, it could possibly be just mostly intrumental or this is just the intro.

Unknown Caller - Sounds good, but I don't have much to work with. That's probably the Edge singing, right? Always a good thing. I didn't like the chorus of the beach clip, but the music surrounding it seems to be great, so maybe it will lift up the rest of the track for me. Totally different from what I expecting.

Crazy Tonight - Sounds the most like the last 2 albums, so I can already hear the typical Interference 90's fanboy/girl regulars bitching about how it sucks and voting it bottom of the album if the rest of the song ends up like it. I love what I heard though and it reminds me of those Walk On type feel-good pop songs. Definitely gonna be a sing-a-long we are one experience.

GOYB - If I hadn't heard this song already, it would feel different I'm sure. I still like it though and I think it's getting a bad rap in the scheme of the album because we have all overplayed it too much. On a first listen without ever hearing it, I feel it would get a lot more excitement from people, especially the Let Me In The Sound part because the song is just a wild rocker in the middle of a more laid back album :drool:

Stand Up Comedy - Sounds great, but there definitely must be more to the song than the short clip, because thats not very Led Zeppelin imo despite what all the reviews keep saying. It's a stretch outside of the little riff you hear (though I'm sure the rest of the song is probably more bluesy rock and this is just the chorus). The little "ooo-HOOOooo-ooo-Hooo" part reminds me of The Beatles or something, loving it.

FEZ-Being Born - That was strange! I really liked it. It's definitely the one I want to hear more from because you only get a taste and have no idea really what the song is like. So is that the transition, just right into the 2nd half of the song, very blunt, but might work. I would have rather had a Zooropa type flow into the next part of the song instead of the stop-and-start thing it sounds like here.

White As Snow - I'm not a big fan of the slower U2 songs that are simple and plain sounding, so I'll wait and hear the entire thing to make a judgement but it was my least favorite of the little clips. Probably gonna be one of those songs where Edge and Bono go out on the tip of the stage and do an acoustic performance, so I can use the bathroom.

Breathe - Sounds like a few things have changed from the beach clip, I like Bono's speak singing on the track still, it sounds fresh for him and works well. The rhythm though is the same, not really sure why people think it's slower. Go on youtube and switch back and forth between the beach clip and the walmart clip, it's almost the exact same tempo from what i can tell. Still sounds great.

Cedars Of Lebanon - Wow even with the descriptions of this track from various people about the song and Bono' lazy vocals, I totally didn't expect it. I must say this sounds incredible and like a really really really great album closer. I was worried it was going to be super slow and moody, but it seem like it has a great tempo and feel to it. Can't wait!

Stand Up Comedy, i mean COME ON!!!! how could they even say that comes close to Led Zeppelin? Another thing i just noticed it sounds exactly like that dave matthews song edge played on at that one show, smooth rider or something.

I was expecting U2 to for ONCE in their career do a real hard rock guitar song, and thats what they made it sound like, and they give us THIS?!?!?

C'mon folks, chill out. U2 ain't Led. That's why every review, mainly the negative ones, must be eaten with loads of salt. The thing is obvious because things tend to get bigger than life. On this subject, I can't judge it by hearing 30 seconds. Sometimes a song features 3 or 4 different parts all over.

Um... they are only 30 sec clips aren't they?

OK, I may be the only one on here, but it's not what I expected. It sounds more like the last two than I had hoped for. I hope the 30 second clips aren't doing it justice. I'm not saying I don't like it, it's just way different than I expected. That's my first impression.

Listen to the album for a couple of years and then make your decision on how good it is for you. That's the best test.

Since I like at least 5 to 6 tracks off every album I'll love it but how it will hold up in repeat listens is a different story. Being Born has peaked interest. From this I doubt any of the songs will be as bad as Red Light or Jesus Christ though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom