3 Nobody Does 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoo99

Acrobat
Has any one ever done three songs on SNL?, they took this show and put it in their back pocket, they tore up the stage.. oh BABY!!!
Big thanks to Lorne Micheals (Canadian) for letting U2 Rip up up the night !!!

Yes, Pearl Jam did three songs in 1994 (shortly after Kurt Cobain's death). I believe they were "Not For You" (which hadn't been released yet), "Rearviewmirror," and "Daughter."

"Rearviewmirror" gets cut out when it gets re-ran on Comedy Central, but it was broadcast live.

I'm not sure if anyone else has done three.

And of course, U2 did four, the bastards just cut out "All Because of You."

Last edited:
There were four fucking songs!? I turned it off after Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own. God fucking damn it!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I could even say four, ABOY was about to shatter the set but of course unless you were there all we heard was the first 1 second but how crazy is it that from their new album which isn't offically out yet in North America, that we all could recognize this song and crave this song live... Atomic Bomb for sure!! And when have you seen such emotion that was on dsiplay during STYCMIOYO wether it was real or rehearsed it tell me who has shown their guts on T.V. sure not Alishee Simpson and surely not N&M.

Yeah, I thought the part in "I Will Follow" where Bono jumps off the stage especially was great because it was like he was just showing off. "Hey, look at me, I can actually play live. Lip-synch this."

zoo99 said:
..tell me who has shown their guts on T.V. sure not Alishee Simpson and surely not N&M.
And did you notice how many times Bono said "live"... guess who that was meant for.

we say they played 4 songs, but for all we know, they might still be playing now.

There must be someone from this forum who was there...can't wait to hear what happened.

If i lived in New York I would so be at the show right now... no I wouldn't I would be at down at the park staking out my spot for Monday !!! These guys are grand but man do they know how to sell their music, ( which is not a bad thing)

Didn't Pearl Jam segway into a second song at one spot, actually making it two songs in one TV spot? (If that makes sense... :))

Pearl who???

This U-fucking-2 and they ripped SNL apart!!!

GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CROWD WAS SUPRISINGLY GREAT TOO!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That performance nailed U2 a bunch more sales for the 'bomb'!!!!
and they are each deserved!

I'm loving the fact that Vertigo is slowly getting better and better live! Just imagine how these songs will be on tour. I can only imagine:drool:

they played 6 songs:

Vertigo
SYCMIOYO
I Will Follow
All Because of You
Vertigo
and another song that the people @ the studio don't know the title of (Miracle Drug?)

madonna's child said:
There were four fucking songs!? I turned it off after Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own. God fucking damn it!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I learned a long long time ago to tape the whole show no matter what type of show it is if you know someone you like is on it!

arw9797 said:

I learned a long long time ago to tape the whole show no matter what type of show it is if you know someone you like is on it!

I also learned this lesson the hard way too
now I over tape everything:reject:

u2 played 5 to 6 songs?
hopefully the last unaired ones will show up somewhere - perhaps a members only area on u2.com? Now that would make it worth the money

Do you think somone had a satellite feed? Lord help us... thank god it was 1 am or Bono might have been fined by the FCC for grinding that woman back into her chair... lol. Did you see her face when he got off... lol.

arw9797 said:

But the network cut them off after IWF! :scream: Bono said 'okay one more!' and they turned them off :sad: I didn't know what happened after that until I read this thread this morning. So even if you taped it all you'd just get IWF. Or did anyone's station let the fourth song play?

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

But the network cut them off after IWF! :scream: Bono said 'okay one more!' and they turned them off :sad: I didn't know what happened after that until I read this thread this morning. So even if you taped it all you'd just get IWF. Or did anyone's station let the fourth song play?

No I didn't mean I saw the 4th song...I wish! The person I quoted said that didn't get IWF. That's all I meant. If I know U2 is going to be on any show...talk show, award show, etc...I tape the ENTIRE thing so I don't have instances of missing IWF at the end of the show.

arw9797 said:

No I didn't mean I saw the 4th song...I wish! The person I quoted said that didn't get IWF. That's all I meant. If I know U2 is going to be on any show...talk show, award show, etc...I tape the ENTIRE thing so I don't have instances of missing IWF at the end of the show.

That's a good idea, you never know what's going to happen at the end. I have also programmed them to tape an extra 5 or 10 minutes just in case my timer was off with the network. I didn't get this at all though, VCR broke only a few days ago :grumpy:

I just assumed that u2 were done after "Sometimes". I didn't feel like sitting through the last half hour of SNL (it usually sucks). But I guess I really screwed up on this. Damn, I wish I'd have seen U2 take over a shitty show like that. They're awesome.

That was the first time I ever heard "Sometimes", and I was blown away by it. Great stuff.

U2Kitten said:

That's a good idea, you never know what's going to happen at the end. I have also programmed them to tape an extra 5 or 10 minutes just in case my timer was off with the network. I didn't get this at all though, VCR broke only a few days ago :grumpy:

yes I always tape things to start and end 5-10 minutes extra.

And don't worry...I told you I'd make a tape for you of everything I'm taping. :wink: They just need to be on TV more so I can fill it up before sending it!

I thought it was one of their better performances of I Will Follow. You then see Bono say "one more" and head over to The Edge to agree on which song to play. As the final credits roll, you hear the beginning riff of All Because of You. Those lucky fans!

Back
Top Bottom