3 Nobody Does 3 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2004, 12:15 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

I learned a long long time ago to tape the whole show no matter what type of show it is if you know someone you like is on it!
I also learned this lesson the hard way too
now I over tape everything

u2 played 5 to 6 songs?
hopefully the last unaired ones will show up somewhere - perhaps a members only area on u2.com? Now that would make it worth the money

Old 11-21-2004, 12:31 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 PM
I can't believe they played six songs....that's awesome. U2 totally took over the SNL set and everyone loved them for it!

Old 11-21-2004, 12:55 AM   #18
Babyface

Local Time: 01:20 PM
Do you think somone had a satellite feed? Lord help us... thank god it was 1 am or Bono might have been fined by the FCC for grinding that woman back into her chair... lol. Did you see her face when he got off... lol.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:49 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I learned a long long time ago to tape the whole show no matter what type of show it is if you know someone you like is on it!
But the network cut them off after IWF! Bono said 'okay one more!' and they turned them off I didn't know what happened after that until I read this thread this morning. So even if you taped it all you'd just get IWF. Or did anyone's station let the fourth song play?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:06 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by atikicat

And did you notice how many times Bono said "live"... guess who that was meant for.

I don't know about that, he did that at the top of the pops performance too. During the Radio One perfomance he repeated the word "one" several times.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:09 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Did everyone see how excited the SNL cast were when Bono jumped up there with them and Amy Phoeler was actually crying when Bono grabbed a hold of her. That was cool. Now only if she didn't suck at Weekend Update....
Old 11-21-2004, 07:44 AM   #22
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

But the network cut them off after IWF! Bono said 'okay one more!' and they turned them off I didn't know what happened after that until I read this thread this morning. So even if you taped it all you'd just get IWF. Or did anyone's station let the fourth song play?

No I didn't mean I saw the 4th song...I wish! The person I quoted said that didn't get IWF. That's all I meant. If I know U2 is going to be on any show...talk show, award show, etc...I tape the ENTIRE thing so I don't have instances of missing IWF at the end of the show.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:25 AM   #23
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

I thought up until a few years ago that most music acts did do 3 songs, but then in the interest of time they do only 2 songs per show
Old 11-21-2004, 09:32 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

No I didn't mean I saw the 4th song...I wish! The person I quoted said that didn't get IWF. That's all I meant. If I know U2 is going to be on any show...talk show, award show, etc...I tape the ENTIRE thing so I don't have instances of missing IWF at the end of the show.
That's a good idea, you never know what's going to happen at the end. I have also programmed them to tape an extra 5 or 10 minutes just in case my timer was off with the network. I didn't get this at all though, VCR broke only a few days ago
Old 11-21-2004, 09:35 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:20 PM
I just assumed that u2 were done after "Sometimes". I didn't feel like sitting through the last half hour of SNL (it usually sucks). But I guess I really screwed up on this. Damn, I wish I'd have seen U2 take over a shitty show like that. They're awesome.

That was the first time I ever heard "Sometimes", and I was blown away by it. Great stuff.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:17 AM   #26
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

That's a good idea, you never know what's going to happen at the end. I have also programmed them to tape an extra 5 or 10 minutes just in case my timer was off with the network. I didn't get this at all though, VCR broke only a few days ago

yes I always tape things to start and end 5-10 minutes extra.

And don't worry...I told you I'd make a tape for you of everything I'm taping. They just need to be on TV more so I can fill it up before sending it!
Old 11-21-2004, 10:59 AM   #27
War Child

Local Time: 03:20 PM
I thought it was one of their better performances of I Will Follow. You then see Bono say "one more" and head over to The Edge to agree on which song to play. As the final credits roll, you hear the beginning riff of All Because of You. Those lucky fans!