3 Bono related SOS's!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
Well, one big serious one, the campaign his missus, Ali Hewson is running in order to shut sellafield down for good, and YOU TOO can do yer bit! Everyone in Ireland is getting a postcard sent out to us that we(well, I will anyway) are gonna send onto Tony Blair asking him to wake up and shut down the timebomb. You can get those postcards yourself and send em, and the proceeds go to the Chernobyl children fund I think. You can check it all out at www.shutsellafield.com

The second one is that the Kitchen, Boneo and Edgys dance club in the basement of the Clarence, is shut down. Yep, went under cos the neighbouring bars all have extensions letting them serve into the night, and the dance scene has moved on, it's apparently gonna be re-opened as a celebrity bar.

Third SOS, SAVE OUR SLANE! Yeah, after the best Slanes ever thanks to U2, Slane2002 might not even happen!!!
eek.gif
Yep, Oasis were tipped to headline, but the August 24th date doesn't fit into their tour schedule. U2, if you are out there, do us a favour, play slane again!!!!
biggrin.gif
Other names mentioned were Madonna(god help us), Stereophonics(yawn, and doubtful cos they wouldn't sell it out) and Chillis, but Chillis are playin Lansdowne. So if any of ye out there play in a big world famous crowd pulling band and ye are free that weekend, come on, SAVE OUR SLANE!!!
wink.gif

how is campaign #3 Bono related?

still, good luck on your quest
especially re campaign #1

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
They closed down The Kitchen?!?!?!?!?!!$@#^%?@$^?$&?#!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are playing a bad Co.Clareman joke right?
First Hanover, now The Kitchen?!!??!@#

*ZA weeps*
frown.gif

The Chernobyl Children's Project is a wonderful, wonderful cause. I'm checking the Sellafield site out now matey, thanks for the link.

------------------
*I am a cowgirl of funk*

Salomey, or........Eloy
wink.gif
I'm afraid since last year onwards anytime I hear or see the word Slane I will associate it with Bono and the boys
tongue.gif

Manda, yup, 'fraid so, cos I never went there, and I do actually like dance music, so well, there goes that pursuit, and hey, fair play on taking an interest in the main campaign
smile.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Salomey, or........Eloy
wink.gif
I'm afraid since last year onwards anytime I hear or see the word Slane I will associate it with Bono and the boys
smile.gif

Same here Brian!!!

Originally posted by Desert Rose:

Same here Brian!!!

Heya Rosa!
smile.gif
Yeah, I'm afraid they claimed Slane as THEIRS last year
biggrin.gif
Thank god too, cos everyone used to associate Slane and Robbie Williams, jaysus that was awful!

... can you believe a friend of mine still claims Robbie's gig at Slane was way better than U2? lmao, and he's a U2 freak!!!

'Slane' it's always gonna mean U2 for me though
wink.gif

How's you doin by the way?

And this friend of yours is a male Robbie Williams fan?? The freak!!! U2 OWN Slane!
tongue.gif

I'm great thanks! Enjoying the GOOD WEATHER
eek.gif
Hope it stays that way, recovering from rag week, you familiar with that? Just a huge week long excuse for a piss up that we have in colleges here once a year, great stuff!
biggrin.gif
How's Dublin goin for ya? You got a DOOOOB accent yet?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom