2nd WITS Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:
But then again, Bono has said something to the effect of they feel like they're a new band again. Maybe that's why there's so much emphasis being placed on early U2 in this video? The whole idea of being reborn as a band, maybe?

:yes: That's it exactly. Their hype for the Vertigo Tour, the tour's inclusion of a few Boy songs, the desire to play with a "punk" band (Green Day) on a punk song that Edge liked when he was 19.... They're trying to get back to why they started the band in the first place.

That's why even though there will surely be some "Why isn't there any Pop in this video?" "They totally ignored the 90s!"...it's all stupid. There's barely any War- or JT-era stuff either. It's heavy on 1982-back, and that's essentially the point.

Anyway, like you GG, I also prefer this second video. While the first one is impressive because of the amount of editing involved (whoop-de-doo), this one is visually stunning. It's EBTTRT quality for me. :drool:

U2Man said:
its free as a bird quality, mr.

Exactly! I can't believe how much this video looks like a rip-off of Free As A Bird. Didn't think they'd be that blatant. That said, I like both songs and both videos. But I prefer the first 'lip synching' video to this one. The first one is just joy to watch all the artists and crowds and loved the subtlety of U2's faces in the audience. This second one looks more like an ad for the book. Looks nice but meh.

I'm wondering which one will show back up on VH1. I saw the first one twice last week then they seemed to replace it with, believe it or not, It's Christmas (Baby please come home) Loved seeing this video just before christmas. :drool:
I don't know when VH1 will start showing videos again since it seems they think repeating some of their crap shows is better than U2 or any music videos. :eyebrow:
I would love to see this new one show up in Jan, but I like the first one also. such a dilema.. they could just air both (like that's going to happen). VH1 :madspit: but I'll still suffer through for U2.

david said:
Both videos give me the impression that U2 are ashamed with their looks, well, maybe 3 out of for members are.

I'm suprised they don't just make a video of Larry topless washing a car and pouring the bucket of soapy water all over his chest or something.

btw I am not gay.

And noone's commented on this yet????? :ohmy:

I think PLEBA need to be alerted! :D

I like it but for me personally the first one is more innovative and interesting.

I was on Elvis.com last week and they mention the WITS video and Elvis being in it, I thought that was cool.

ntalwar said:

I think the retro vibe of the videos is consistent with U2 by U2, U218, etc. This seems to be a brief period where U2 are taking a step away from the current material and showcasing their 25-30 year past to the public.

I agree.

The fact that there isn't recent footage in the video says to me that they are in the frame of mind that U2 consider their older work just that, and their place now represents the future of U2. If that makes any sense...lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom