28 pages of U2 in Q Feb 2009 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unknown Caller
Dallas Schoo describes the song as "one of Edge's major solos in his life - you wont hear better than that on any other song".

Definately planning on playing outside but Bono said he couldn't give details due to Livenation rights..........promises that it will be something not yet done".

Beach Clip f**king ONE..:up::up::up::up:

windylad, thank you SO MUCH! I cannot wait to have that edition of Q in my own hands.

So I think we can almost certainly say now that beach clips 1-4 are actually on this records.

Unknown Caller - Clip 1 - Edge's solo at the end :drool:
Breathe - Clip 2 - Ranting verses, joyful chorus, way into the light
Get on your boots - Clip 3 - Interesting that it was really called Sexy Boots first :lol:
Magnificent - Clip 4 - "Only love can rest your mind" - Beautiful piece of music

I'm also excited about all the other songs and curious to find out whether there are more than 11 songs on that album.

:drool:

Clip #5 must be "Crazy Tonight". Listen around 1.10 and you'll hear Edge sing "we're going crazy, we're going crazy".

hello everybody.........feel as though i know many of you even though this is my first post. been lurking on this site for too long..........had to finally jump in. didn't edge say that "breathe" was a fuck-off live rocker. did something change? seems like it did according to the description.

hello everybody.........feel as though i know many of you even though this is my first post. been lurking on this site for too long..........had to finally jump in. didn't edge say that "breathe" was a fuck-off live rocker. did something change? seems like it did according to the description.

Welcome! :wave:

I have no idea, though.

He did say that, but it seems possible that it still will be. Perhaps cello isn't very badass, but maybe it will be in context.

Apparently the Q article does say it will be a staple of live shows. So it still must have that feel of an epic live song in any case.

you wouldn't think the strings at the end of HMTKMKM would be bad-ass or make for a bad ass song, but, that song still kicks all sorts of ass.

i like the beach clips just the way they are. hope they didn't change too much during the last few months. edge's solo in unknown caller is going to be so good live. :drool:

also..............that instrumental break in what we now assume is magnificent........that is so good. just hope u2 didn't mess with it too much...as we all know they have a tendency to do.

also..............that instrumental break in what we now assume is magnificent........that is so good. just hope u2 didn't mess with it too much...as we all know they have a tendency to do.

I agree...that part is pure magic the likes of which we haven't heard since The Joshua Tree B-Sides.

So perhaps this is the reason Brothers (a remake of an excellent film BTW) was delayed from this December, waiting for a song from U2?? I just hope it wasn't written for the movie, those kinds of songs shouldn't be mixed with album material.

The next months are going to be very exciting.....When Achtung Baby came out I think I listened to it every day for 2 years and didnt get tired of it. By these descriptions I can see the same thing happening with this record :D

Id be happy even to hear "Get On Your Boots" for the time being that would be a good Christmas gift.

after listening to the beach clips for the last several months..... i like the music a lot. sounds similar to past u2...however...its also fresh and new. i just hope bono's lyrics are something along the lines of "until the end of the world" and not "trying to throw your arms around the world"

Keep the news flowing in... :up:

Stand Up
Rousing groove-based rocker with shades of Led Zep and Cream

Ooh, :drool:. Shades of Led Zep, must be good.

Magnificent
Slow building anthem.......Edge at his most dynamic........"Only love can rest your mind"

Yep, clip 4 = Magnificent. :hyper:

Get on Your Boots
Demented electro grunge with rock and roll riff and a hip-hop twist ind the middle.........."I dont wanna talk about war between nations"

Demented electro?! Hip hop twist in the middle, that must be risk taking. :up:

Momement of Surrender
Gorgeusly melodic............this album's One............U2 Classic.............."I did not notice the passers by/And they did not notice me". Recorded in one take.

If it goes for 7 minutes it must have an awesome Edge solo. :drool:

Unknown Caller
About a man "at the end of his rope" whose phone bizarrely begins texting him random insructions.........."Reboot yourself, Password enter here, Youre free to go!"

Hehe, I like the sound of this one, looks like they're taking risks, I like the sound of this. :hyper:

No Line on the Horizon
Abrasive punk..........few versions hanging around.............its the buzzcocks meets Bow Wow Wow!

Sounds great. :drool:

Crazy Tonight
Upbeat 60's pop track era of Phil Spector..........."I'll go crazy I dont go crazy tonight" Sounds like a slogan for a tour T shirt!!!

Maybe BC5? :wink:

Every Breaking Wave
With or Without You style building up layers of guitar over electroncially enhance verses............Key line "Every Sailor knows that the Sea/Is a friend made enemy"

Sounds epic and I like that lyric. :drool:

Breathe
Arabic cello gives way to joyful chorus. Bran Eno says this is U2's best ever song.

Arabic cello, innovative. :up:

Winter
6 minute ballad. Acoustic string laden ballad about a soldier in the snow in Afganistan. Will appear in the new film 'Brothers' starring Tobey Maguire.

A soundtrack eh? :up:

Cedars of Lebanon
In the style of a war correspondent lyric from Bono.............end with "Choose your enemies carefully cos they will define you"

Yay, Cedars is actually on the album!

I'm really, really excited. Keep the news comin'! :hyper:

Larry Mullen - I might have said too much - Interview

Good interview with Larry........key notes.......He wants to get another album out sooner than later after this release as thye've loads of material...........they got on well with Rick Rubin but just clashed as they dont like to just go in and complete songs, they need to improvise.

He says hes careful over bono-isms!!! I think they've gagged Bono a bit more on this album!

He holds no punches and wont tie the party line. He calls Tony Blair a war criminal and is uneasy seeing Bono mixing with him.

He finishes his interview as one track only has Brain Eno tapping his chest and has no drum part. Doesn't sound like this is on the songs i've mentioned in this thread.

Brian Eno said that Crazy Tonight was in a bad way which suprised Larry........it must have got worse over night........sounds like they're really cramming in the last few weeks so anything could change!!!

I've been trying to hold back my excitement and stay grounded, but I can't help it.
I'm so freakin' excited!!!

Merry Christmas U2 fans!! 2009 is going to be a great year! :hyper:

Edge mentions that they're trying to keep Stand Up in a rough state and not overproduce it by putting it through Pro-Tools which cleans up imperfections. This sounds like they're not trying to overproduce!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom