28 pages of U2 in Q Feb 2009 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tower records has it near where I live. My Barnes and Noble have it sometimes. I am tempted to see if Rolling Stone is going to put something out soon. Maybe after the album comes out.

I'm sure U2 will be on the cover of the review issue with the sub text of "U2's back with their greatest album since The Joshua Tree". :)

Kinda sad that they aren't using the layered NLOTH in favor of the punk one.

Here's what I think as far as beach clips go:

Clip 1 - Unknown Caller (think I hear a few of those lyrics)
Clip 2 - Breathe (sounds like he says "breaaaaaathe")
Clip 3 - Get Your Boots On
Clip 4 - Magnificient ("only love...")
Clip 5 - Not sure, maybe Every Breaking Wave? I like this one unlike most.

Nice to wake up this morning and have more details. If someone who's a subscriber and has a scanner....would so rock to have something to read.

Now if we could just get the first single to be released....

I'm betting there will more than 11 songs on the album. U2 gave Q a tease & will want something else to reveal in the coming weeks. I really hope for 15 tracks.

.............."I did not notice the passers by/And they did not notice me".

That lyric is brilliant, very Roger Waters-esque.

It's early, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some more Roger Waters/PF type themes. Breathe - same song title as PF. Cedars of Lebanon vs. Leaving Beiruit (Roger Waters). Winter vs. Vera/Bring the Boys Back Home. I'm a fan of both, so I guess I see more influence than others do :D.

For those interested I heard the "I dont wanna talk about war between nations" line in Beach Clip 3 at 1:28.

Oh, man, oh, man.... this is sweet. :drool:

I cannot wait for Stand Up, Unknown Caller, Breathe, Ceaders Of Lebanon.Love their descriptions.

By what has been described the overall mood of the album seems to be very up beat and fun with the serious moments spread around. And it seems like it's heavy on the electrorock feel which I'm loving right now! I hope this blows the world away!

"Every Sailor knows that the Sea/Is a friend made enemy" - this line is fucking great! I soooo much hope there's more like this on the album.

Wait, there's a fifth beach clip? There are only four in the zip file I got in August or so.

Eleven tracks listed in the Q article. So, what happened to "For Your Love" (in a previous Q magazine article, Edge says it has one of the best riffs he's ever played) and "One Bird" (from the Fez recording sessions)? Have these been re-titled?

Sounds like no "Mercy" on the new one either. Hopefully, it and the other HTDAAB leftovers will see the light of day someday, preferably before the re-mastered version in ten years.

Bean

Eleven tracks listed in the Q article. So, what happened to "For Your Love" (in a previous Q magazine article, Edge says it has one of the best riffs he's ever played) and "One Bird" (from the Fez recording sessions)? Have these been re-titled?

Sounds like no "Mercy" on the new one either. Hopefully, it and the other HTDAAB leftovers will see the light of day someday, preferably before the re-mastered version in ten years.

Bean

For Your Love I hope is still on there - unless it morphed into another song.

One Bird was just a provisional title on a blackboard, IIRC, so, if parts of it exist, they could be anywhere.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Mercy morphed into MoS.

Bean

I would hazard a guess that "One Bird" could have become "Unknown Caller" because of the sound of a bird at the beginning of it. Just a thought.

Some other people have stated that FYL became Breathe through some astute detective work.

We'll see when the album comes out......oh..and yes, there doesn't seem to be the inclusion of Mercy. :wink:

I thought Eno was talking about MOS as their best thing he's worked on. Now it's Breathe? There's some confusion or there have been lots of changes. :confused:

The most important new news from this article is that Cedars of Lebanon is confirmed as a track.

I'm so glad For Your Love, Only Love, and One Bird are not confirmed as titles. They are horrible.

I've actually never heard him refer to MOS in that manner...though I could be wrong. I've consistently read about him commenting on Breathe in that way.

"Moment of Surrender" - an 8-minute-long track mentioned in this Q magazine article; Brian Eno told fans outside Hanover Quay studios in early June, 2008, that it's "the best thing" he's recorded with U2. Edge talks about the song a bit more in this MOJO magazine interview, saying it's 7-and-a-half minutes long.

U2 new album information from @U2

I've actually never heard him refer to MOS in that manner...though I could be wrong. I've consistently read about him commenting on Breathe in that way.

from @u2's new album section:

"Moment of Surrender" - an 8-minute-long track mentioned in this Q magazine article; Brian Eno told fans outside Hanover Quay studios in early June, 2008, that it's "the best thing" he's recorded with U2. Edge talks about the song a bit more in this MOJO magazine interview, saying it's 7-and-a-half minutes long.

So is "Get Your Boots On" about soldiers getting their boots on??? Would make sense with some other lyrics in the album...

U2 new album information from @U2

:huh:

so much for that!

yeah the descriptions of these songs is on Q's site.......cant wait to get the magazine though! my stupid barnes & noble doesnt put it out until a couple weeks after its released in england though

Is anyone working on getting this thing scanned and uploaded to the internets? I think that would be a great Christmas present!

quick question: does anyone know what that song on the fez documentary from 2:50 to like 3:30 is??? love that guitar :drool:

Unkown Caller should be clip #1.

I think #2 is Breathe, but I think it's be reworked quite a bit since the beach clip.

#4 is Magnificent.

#5 ?

I think this is clip #3, not Get On Your Boots.

i disagree. i mean, from the sound of it- you could be right, given that it matches the description. but didn't Bono say he started writing Stand Up sometime in the autumn? i could have sworn i read that in an interview. besides, i hear "boots" in the clip as well. though, that doesn't mean anything since it's just a poor quality clip anyway. But I don't think it is. If anything, since For Your Love hasn't been mentioned in awhile, it's feasible that it turned into Stand Up.

Unkown Caller should be clip #1.

I think #2 is Breathe, but I think it's be reworked quite a bit since the beach clip.

#4 is Magnificent.

#5 ?

this i agree with. 5, I have no idea what it could be. #2 is definitely breathe. #4 is definitely Magnificent and #1 should be unknown caller. The lyric that was posted about the password or whatever could easily fit into that group type chanting chorus as well. Not that I'm positive about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom