28 pages of U2 in Q Feb 2009 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many people liked mercy because it was better than many of the songs on HTDAAB. Now that this album (judging by reviews and beach clips) might be better than the last one, I think mercy will be an afterthought.

I think many people liked mercy because it was better than many of the songs on HTDAAB. Now that this album (judging by reviews and beach clips) might be better than the last one, I think mercy will be an afterthought.

It's not really a song.

It has great guitar parts that are pure Edge.

Excellent drum dynamics that buid throughout - quintessentially Larry.

Many great lines that make me jealous.

"If you are hunger
Baby let me feed it
If your heart is full
Baby let me bleed it"

It's more a unified expression of passion and a vibe than anything considered a song.

I love the motherfucking shit out of it.

It's not really a song.

It has great guitar parts that are pure Edge.

Excellent drum dynamics that buid throughout - quintessentially Larry.

Many great lines that make me jealous.

"If you are hunger
Baby let me feed it
If your heart is full
Baby let me bleed it"

It's more a unified expression of passion and a vibe than anything considered a song.

I love the motherfucking shit out of it.

aye

I think it would be appropriate to release Mercy as a b-side, give it an acceptable release.

Okay can this please not turn into a Mercy thread? Go post in the other U2 forum if you want to debate Mercy. No offense to anybody, I'm just tired of these threads with new information turning into a Pop vs All That You Cant... vs... Atomic Bomb vs. Mercy vs. whatever threads.

Nevermind. I was going to post a sarcastic comment, but, suffice it to say I agree with popacrobat.

I agree, okay so, 28 pages, that's quite a lot of pages for U2. How many pages does an ordinary issue of Q magazine have?

There is absolutely no way "Mercy" is or became "Moment Of Surrender"!!!

Why??? Because it has been stated that MOS goes back to an idea of Brian Eno's. But Eno had never been involved in the process of the HTDAAB Sessions during which "Mercy" was created. So, please abandon this silly thought or wish once and for all and look forward to the new stuff of which every single song will be most probably a whole lot better than this highly overrated outtake called "Mercy"!!!

There is absolutely no way "Mercy" is or became "Moment Of Surrender"!!!

Why??? Because it has been stated that MOS goes back to an idea of Brian Eno's. But Eno had never been involved in the process of the HTDAAB Sessions during which "Mercy" was created. So, please forget about this silly thought once and for all and focus on the new stuff!!!

...you wasted your first post on that?

:tsk:

kidding, kidding.

I'm excited for this 28 pg. article. That's just massive. :drool:

Will that gel together sonically ? Slow ballads, 60s style pop, rockers, acoustic songs, punk...

why not?

I love it when a band mixes it up well ~~style wise!:hyper::drool::love:

makes me think of (and while there are a few clunkers IMHO there but it's still 2 albums) The White Album which has some amazing stuff on it! Maybe Srg Pepper's too, in a way.we'll see! :D

I've thought about replying to this thread like all day, but the only thing I can think of to say is :drool: :drool: :drool:

Everything sounds promising. Listening to the beach clips now, I am very pumped for this album, and Unknown Caller sounds fucking amazing...I forgot how great that guitar solo was. Odd subject matter though...I think I like it. I'm most excited to hear No Line on the Horizon, Stand Up, and Moment of Surrender, although I also really want to hear how Breathe and Get On Your Boots (Get Your Boots On?) turned out. Also, Winter sounds like it may be a different kind of song for U2. Perhaps.

I hope this leaks soon. It's not like I won't buy 34957 copies of it regardless.

I'm thinking something this awesome could only come from Space Moon. So yes.

I know Edge is trying to take a piece of Space Moon. I guess if it makes for a masterpiece album that can sell out Rock the Fuck out Stadium™ for five years in a row, he can borrow a piece. Key word, borrow.

I want it back Edge, you hear me?

Space Moon? Powerjuice?

What is this rubbish? :scratch:

Space Moon is rubbish, only if rubbish were gold.

Anyway, I was referencing Bono saying the Edge would not come back to earth until he had taken a slice of the moon, or some silly comment like that. Back when they delayed the album.

Sounds great, though.

Anyway, I was referencing Bono saying the Edge would not come back to earth until he had taken a slice of the moon, or some silly comment like that. Back when they delayed the album.

Sounds great, though.

if by "silly" you mean "awesome"

Space Moon is the only valid reason for delaying an album

I shall educate you in the ways of Space Moon, Moon in Space:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/space-moon-v1-178913.html

Thank you for informing me.

Sounds great, though.

Bono always makes silly comments about Edge, first he's molten metal, then he's on fire, then he's hiding up in the moon trying to retrievge a piece of it. Some wild imagination Bono has. :wink:

Bono always makes silly comments about Edge, first he's molten metal, then he's on fire, then he's hiding up in the moon trying to retrievge a piece of it. Some wild imagination Bono has. :wink:

maybe Edge went up to the moon to not be on fire anymore...it's cold in space isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom