25 Rare and Unreleased Tracks!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
On the Steve Jobs conference he talked about the U2 box set and he also said it’s going to have 25 rare and unreleased songs!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: This is amazing!!!!! Does anyone has any more info on that?!!?!?? I’m extremely excited!!! :hyper:

And do you all think of the U2 iPod?! I like it! :up:

I'm sorry if there's already a thread about this! :uhoh: I'm not exactly sure!

I'm guessing it's gonna be stuff we've all heard.

Also if there is anything unreleased that's good I'll just download it online.

Last edited:
From what I read some of the never released tracks were off of albums that were made for Propaganda members. Hasta vista (I think) and Melon. I am hoping for U23 personally but Bono said there were also demo's.

I just purchased my U2 Ipod today and will get the downloads as soon as I can.

u2bonogirl said:
every time i hear about the iPod now i get really mad
*the green monster is attacking me*

me too, almost. There are so many other great players out there. Everyone is so giddy about the ipod. No doubt, a great marketing move by U2.

Hey, what is the deal about the 25 songs previously unreleased?

There must be copies of these already floating around. Anyone have some potential unreleased material?

I'm going to assume they will post the details of the Box Set.

They can't expect anyone to buy it without knowing the tracklisting right?

*Yawn*. I have the demo's for "Boy" at home. Which I got through a small company that advertised in Rolling Stone from the late 80's to the mid-90's and which no longer exists.

I wouldn't bet on anything too special. Just don't get your hopes up. I was very excited when I initially read this, but as I found out more, I'm not so sure it's too great. I could be wrong.

They say around 25 tracks.

How many tracks were on Hast La Vista? I was thinking it was around 13-14 songs.

You throw in melon, which had what? 3-4 remixes (I'm at work and don't have the cd with me....)

that would put us at 18 total. That leaves 7-10 songs we don't have information on. Others are saying U23, their first release, and again, that would be 3-4 songs ( I don't have this, so I'd probably be interested).

What I really hope is that they just give us a few of the songs mentioned above. I would really like unreleased songs. Songs that never made the albums, or b-sides. I think that would be worth the price.

I think I'll end up getting the Ipod. I'd really like the convience of having every U2 song with me. It all depends when I can fork over the 500 bucks it's going to cost me.

IDEA!!!!

DoctorWho!, you're a real Doctor, buy one for me. I'll put out!

I have a feeling that when Steve Job says that there are 25 UNRELEASED tracks included in this, then he is saying just that. 400 songs is a ton. If you take all the songs and the b-sides so far, that is under 200 easy. If you take all the concerts on video and dvd, that is still under a 100. Throw in melon and hasta, and we'll still have somewhere close to a 100 songs unaccounted for. These could be outtakes and other live tracks. So, there is a lot of room there for something that no one has ever heard before.

Yeah, 400 tracks is a ton of U2 music, so I don't see how the 25 Rare and Unreleased tracks could be anything that we all have. It could be some older demo stuff, or some tracks they've had sitting in the vaults.

We'll just have to wait until they revealed the track listing.

For the record, Melon includes:

Lemon (The Perfecto Mix)
Salome (Zooromancer Remix)
Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)
Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Mix)
Stay (Underdog Mix)
Numb (The Soul Assassins Mix)
Mysterious Ways (Remixed by Massive Attack)
Even Better Than The Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Mix)

and Hasta La Vista Baby! contains:

Pop Muzik
Mofo
I Will Follow
Gone
New Year's Day
Staring At The Sun
Bullet The Blue Sky
Please
Where The Streets Have No Name
Lemon - Perfecto Mix - Instrumental
Discotheque
With Or Without You
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
One

So that's 23 songs. Either the 25 unreleased tracks are something different, they are rounding, or we'll get two songs we've never heard of. Well, I'm sure we'll all be familiar with them... but it sure will be nice to have Wild Irish Rose on ipod!

james

Keep in mind, to get the box set, you don't have to buy the iPod, you can just download it from iTunes. And they will have specific songs you can download by itself. Maybe even the whole thing, at .99 cents a song.

I'm not paying 350 bucks on a U2 iPod when I can get just a few songs I want. What a waste. I'm just gonna download specific songs, MAYBE 150 bucks for the box set.

Roland of Gilead said:
I have a feeling that when Steve Job says that there are 25 UNRELEASED tracks included in this, then he is saying just that. 400 songs is a ton. If you take all the songs and the b-sides so far, that is under 200 easy. If you take all the concerts on video and dvd, that is still under a 100. Throw in melon and hasta, and we'll still have somewhere close to a 100 songs unaccounted for. These could be outtakes and other live tracks. So, there is a lot of room there for something that no one has ever heard before.

That's exactly what I think too! :yes:

Again, those who think by adding all of U2's album, EPs, and live stuff = 375, you're crazy. I believe the 25 rare and unreleased stuff has nothing to do with Melon or Hasta La Vista Baby, that stuff will be included in the 375. This 25 will be stuff we've rarely or never heard...trust me.

i just convinced my parents to get me the ipod and box set for x-mas. I'll have to wait a little longer, but still, YAY!

did anyone forget the supposed song called "Mercy" Which Bono called "the best b-side song you'll ever hear" So this must be included if he's already calling it a b-side and not a song they decided to save for another album.

Unreleased demo stuff? Street Mission and the other early demos. Just found those tracks as bonus on the Adelaide 93 show. Instead of the encore i got to hear 10 early demos. (had that bootleg for years, never listened to the bonus though) Serious, their good! Like the bass on the Twilight demo.
Those early tracks got to be on their 'entire catalog' I-Pod

Back
Top Bottom