20th anniversary remastered Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chocky

Refugee
This topic may have been done before, but I think it's about time we got a U2 remastered album and what better way to start than JT - released early next year for the 20th Anniversary.

Here's my wish list:

Disk 1:

full re-mastered 11 track album

Disk 2 - b-Sides & Rarities:

1. Silver & Gold (Sun City version)
2. Luminous Times
3. Walk to the Water
4. Spanish Eyes
5. Deep in the Heart
6. Sweetest Thing
7. Silver & Gold (Single version)
8. Race Against Time
9. And You Didn't Make Any Enemies (demo)*
10. Diamond Store (demo)*
11. In the Doorstep...(demo)*
12. Move Up (Race Against Time demo)*
13. Paste Tense (Walk to the Water demo)*
14. Tell Them the Story (demo)*
15. Dance With Me Baby (demo)*
16. Poison Glen (demo)
17. Womanfish (live on TV-GAGA)
18. Trip Through Your Wires (live on TV-GAGA)

Disk 3 - DVD:

1. With or Without You (version 1) promo video
2. Still Haven't Found What I'm Loooking For promo video
3. Where the Streets Have No Name (long version) promo video
4. Red Hill Mining Town (unreleased) promo video
5. In God's Country promo video
6. Spanish Eyes promo video
7. One Tree Hill live video
8. With or Without You (version 2)
9. Outside It's America: documentary

* these are the 7 demos from an allegedly stolen cassette tape that have been released as snippets on the internet

i say they find the roots of the joshua tree and release an epic...its about time...i really think we're building up to a big bang, and atomic bomb was one step up!

what's the difference between Sliver & Gold single and sun city versions?

Jim said:
what's the difference between Sliver & Gold single and sun city versions?

Sun City version was recorded by Bono with Keith Richards & Ron Wood (for the Artists United Against Apartheid project) while the single version was recorded by U2 for the Where the Streets Have No Name single.

They are very different versions.

chocky said:

Sun City version was recorded by Bono with Keith Richards & Ron Wood (for the Artists United Against Apartheid project) while the single version was recorded by U2 for the Where the Streets Have No Name single.

They are very different versions.

Thanks pal. I'll have to check out the sun city version!

I wasn't aware some of those demos even existed! I do have an MP3 of something called "My Time Hasn't Come" that's from a soundcheck sometime during the JT tour, I believe.

I wouldn't count on that video of "Red Hill Mining Town" ever surfacing. I always thought the band hated it and that's why it got put in the vault.

Bono's shades said:
I wasn't aware some of those demos even existed! I do have an MP3 of something called "My Time Hasn't Come" that's from a soundcheck sometime during the JT tour, I believe.

My Time Hasn't Come (as well as Move Out) appear on a bootleg of the soundcheck from the 1987-04-25 concert in San Francisco.

I have to wonder if either existed during the JT sessions. I also wonder how early She's A Mystery To Me existed. I know it was in substantial enough form in November 1987 to be soundchecked in Denver and recorded in Sun Studios, so I'd assume its origins can be traced further back in 1987 at least.

I wouldn't count on that video of "Red Hill Mining Town" ever surfacing. I always thought the band hated it and that's why it got put in the vault.

That's my understanding too, though a few screenshots from the video are floating around.

Certainly the biggest selling album deserved something like that , though addict as I am for live u2 , I would still prefer a collection of live videos of the songs for the 3rd disc , Imagine the title the bes of JT live 87-06 or something like :drool:

They could put several perf of the songs , such as Streets deserved at least 3 , one from LT tour , one from popmart , and one who knows , from a indoor concert in JT itself ? Wowy , from JT , LT , and zoo :wink: We can always dream , can't we ? :wink: Keep imagining , I still with a orchestra video , I still acoustic in ZooTV , a rare I still from elevation..... :D

Edit.: How could I forget , put also a collection of best perfs of One Tree Hill in LT tour , including Edge's best solos , there are some really nice , isn't true Axver ?

I'm casting a vote for a remastered original double-disc version of the album. You know, the one where all the B-Sides were actually a part of the whole album.

I forget the order of the songs, but it'd be impressive to get a high-quality version.

Back
Top Bottom