2007 U2 Fan Survey Results Are In!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
THE RESULTS ARE IN!
January 03, 2008
posted by: @U2

More than 4,000 U2 fans in 78 countries around the world took part in the 2007 U2 Fan Survey, which @U2 hosted for the third consecutive year. We asked a number of new questions, removed some old ones, and are now (finally) finished counting the answers. Here are the pertinent links:

2007 U2 Fan Survey Results
http://www.atu2.com/survey/

@U2 Forum Discussion on the Survey Results
http://forum.atu2.com/forum.src?Action=Subjects&Topic=37

Great thanks to all who took part!

Note: Because of scheduling issues, the 2008 Survey will be delayed a couple months. In fact, there won't be a 2008 survey. Instead, we'll do the next survey in February, 2009, which should allow for a quicker turnaround on posting the survey results.

I took part. :up:

Glad to see Springsteen getting the highest tally for favorite besides U2 among those listed. :up: :up:

I always find it interesting how well ATYCLB and HTDAAB do on these surveys...it's almost like the interference opinion is in the minority...:wink:

Poor Zooropa. :(

HolyMeximofoJoe said:
4th of July... best instrumental?...:huh:

That should have been an easy win for Bass Trap :drool:

I think it just means 1,588 people don't own any of the other instrumentals. Or 1,588 people are really stupid, either way.

Frankly, all this survey proved to me is that U2 fans are very, very predictable.

Yeah I have taken it all 3 years, and I don't think my answers really changed at all each time.

:shifty: of course that doesn't mean I won't take the next one in 2009. It's fun. :drool:

Thanks again Allegra :up:

What was cool to see was how few members there were of Propaganda. Part of me wishes that "official U2 fandom" had remained a little more underground. It sure would have made it easier to secure tickets!

The Sad Punk said:

I cannot figure out how Treasure got the least votes of anything there. What the hell are U2 fans listening to? That's one of U2's best b-sides - hell, I'll call it as one of U2's best songs full stop. Ah well, at least I was one of the 20 who did vote for it.

I couldn't pick Treasure out of a lineup.

Me, I love Electrical Storm. I don't care that it's heavy as a truck. It still rules.

COBL_04 said:
I miss this every darn tootin year.

First, sign up for the atu2 Yahoo group and you'll never miss another survey again. Don't worry. It's not a chatting group. Chatting is not allowed. It's only a way for them to send U2 news to your email. It's great!

Also I thought the big shocker of the whole survey was that Windows got a win. :huh: It's a good song and all, but compared to the others in the list, I don't think it could stand up on it's own.

Again, it might have been that it was fresh in everyone's mind like Saints.

I expected more votes for UTEOTW as best live song, WTSHNN got too much votes

corianderstem said:
I couldn't pick Treasure out of a lineup.

Me, I love Electrical Storm. I don't care that it's heavy as a truck. It still rules.
Agreed.

I thought it was interesting in the "If ________left the band, should the others continue with a replacement" section, that Adam seems to be the most expendable in the fans' eyes.

Adam plays 8th notes most of the time. Let's be honest here, folks. At least Larry can still, if all else fails, hang onto his "marshal snare drum" unique label from the early 80s. :shrug:

I love it how Achtung baby ALWAYS >>>> JT in this survey, each year again.... and yet the 'general public' still sees JT as their best....

and wow, One Tree Hill got a LOT of votes!

Last edited:
Cigar said:
Bono better musician than Adam???:huh: ...somebody pinch me,please...

Bono: Guitar, harmonica and in the last few years, piano lessons. (and that doesn't include his actual instrument in U2)

Adam has yet to play anything outside of bass.

edit: also I don't think Adam's bass playing > Bono's singing.

Galeongirl: that's the online fan community, of course AB won.

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
I love it how Achtung baby ALWAYS >>>> JT in this survey, each year again.... and yet the 'general public' still sees JT as their best....

and wow, One Tree Hill got a LOT of votes!

:yes: I always love it when the Interference baloon is burst by a little reality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom