2007 U2 Fan Survey Results Are In!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
actually
secret.gif
surveys are out

Galeongirl said:
I love it how Achtung baby ALWAYS >>>> JT in this survey, each year again.... and yet the 'general public' still sees JT as their best....

and wow, One Tree Hill got a LOT of votes!
For one, the general public doesn't vote on U2 fansite polls :wink:

U2girl said:

Bono: Guitar, harmonica and in the last few years, piano lessons. (and that doesn't include his actual instrument in U2)

Adam has yet to play anything outside of bass.

edit: also I don't think Adam's bass playing > Bono's singing.

Galeongirl: that's the online fan community, of course AB won.

The fact that Bono can put an hamornica in his mouth for "Desire" an a guitar strap around his neck doesn't mean he plays those instruments well....C'mon now.Bono's use of a guitar is only for cosmetic purpose.

I'm not saying that Adam his as great as Flea,but if i want a few tips of how to play the Bass,i'll turn to Adam way before i ask Bono,let say.And as for guitar,well,if Edge his to mist a gig on tour,Dallas has more chance replacing him than Bono.

When Bono broke his arm during the Joshua tree tour,did the music suffer one second for his inability of puting in harmonica in his mouth and a guitar strap around his neck?The question in the survey is who's the best musician in th band. Bono is not a better harmonica player or guitar player than Adam.....even Bono himself will agree with that.

.....And as for vocal being a instrument,now we gonna start a semantic debat.

He also plays harmonica on Trip, RTSS, Love rescue me (Fortunate son)... - it may not be great but he does play.

Laugh at his guitar if you want but he did play it, especially in the 80's. I don't think we get the actual picture of his skills because his guitar is mostly down in the mix live (and acoustic guitar will be hard to hear next to electric guitar, bass, drums and millions of sounds they produce in the underworld) and he's probably very non-vocal about his playing. I'd imagine he's good enough on it to write a melody (and do a solo on Dancing Barefoot). I remember someone saying here how Bono came up with some impressive riffs during recording of AB.

He started taking piano lessons so that's one more instrument and that puts him over the edge (no pun intended) over Adam for me.
And that doesn't even cover what he does most of the time, his vocals. You really think Adam is better on bass compared to Bono on vocals ?

U2girl said:
He also plays harmonica on Trip, RTSS, Love rescue me (Fortunate son)... - it may not be great but he does play.

Laugh at his guitar if you want but he did play it, especially in the 80's. I don't think we get the actual picture of his skills because his guitar is mostly down in the mix live (and acoustic guitar will be hard to hear next to electric guitar, bass, drums and millions of sounds they produce in the underworld) and he's probably very non-vocal about his playing. I'd imagine he's good enough on it to write a melody (and do a solo on Dancing Barefoot). I remember someone saying here how Bono came up with some impressive riffs during recording of AB.

He started taking piano lessons so that's one more instrument and that puts him over the edge (no pun intended) over Adam for me.
And that doesn't even cover what he does most of the time, his vocals. You really think Adam is better on bass compared to Bono on vocals ?

Again,the question in the survey is "Who's the best musician in the band" not "who is playing instruments" or "How many instruments each of them plays."The fact he started piano lessons doesn't make him a new Elton John or Billy Joel.

So Adam is better with his bass than Bono with his harmonica or acoustic guitar.Adam's play on "New Year's day" or "Do you feel love "is certainly more memorable than Bono's acoustic guitar on "The fly" or "Exit", for exemple.

As for vocal,like i said we are entering a semantic debate as for if vocal cords are an instrument or not.In my mind it's not.If i follow your logic,that would mean that Celine Dion is better musician than Adam.

I think voice can be viewed as an instrument (and if not, I don't see why playing more than one instrument doesn't make someone a better musician compared to someone who plays only one instrument).
And yes, Celine Dion is better at singing than Adam is at bass playing. She is better at the use of her "instrument".

U2girl said:
\I don't see why playing more than one instrument doesn't make someone a better musician compared to someone who plays only one instrument).
I can play guitar, bass, keys, and drums in a pinch. I am not proficient at three of those.

More instruments does not mean more overall talent. Bono can strum a simple pattern on guitar, play three or four chords on a harmonica, and hit a big drum fairly close to the actual beat of one song.

:|

Speaking of talent, the other three outdo Adam in their respective fields. :huh:

edit-Cigar, you're talking 25+ years of bass/drum/lead guitar compared to 5 or so songs on harmonica, a few years on piano and non-regular guitar playing (certainly live if not studio).
Why not compare that to 25+ years of singing instead ?

Last edited:
Ugh, I always get excited about this survey then I read it and end up ripping my hair out at some of the responses.

The Saints are coming over The Wanderer?

4th of July over Bass Trap?

Drop Bullet live before Pride?

Back
Top Bottom