The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So 2005 is now the rumoured release date....crikey!

According to various Internet sites and MMM radio 'rock news' in Melbourne Australia, the album release will coincide with the release of the U2 25th anniversary book thing.

2005, well to me, it sounds kinda possible and realistic, however i have this feeling that the book and the cd will be released prior to xmas.

Possibly around November i reckon.

Just because 2005 will be the 25th anniversary since BOY, doesn't mean that the book and cd won't be released in 2004.

U2 haven't always been to strict when it comes to dates (Eg. 2 songs on the 90-00 best of cd which were written and released after 2000.)

Yep i'll put my money on November, just in time for the Xmas sales.

If that book's going to be released as a 25th anniversary thing, isn't it logical to release it on the date U2:3 came out? That was 1979 ... the month of October, was it?

Whatever month U2:3 came out is when I'm now predicting.

It's kind of sad that we have to wait this long. I am disillusioned with the band right now. I know that it could be a great album, but they've been very sketchy with details, and it isn't really fair to the fans.

What I don't understand is that we have two different dates: Fall 2004 and Spring 2005. There's a lot of time in between. Why these two periods specifically?

Maybe it will be released in 2005 to coincide with their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.:shrug:

I don't really care whether it will be released in 2004 or 2005
but to push back the release date so that it will coincide with their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or a 25th anniversary would be a piss poor reason for me

Last edited:
I really hope they release it before the whole Rock and Roll hall of fame deal for if they did, it wouldn't seem as much to be some sorta come back album but idiot old farts. If they released it before hand, and show how even today they make relevant good music that is still appreciated on TV and Radio the whole Rock and Roll hall of fame would seem like an understatement of their career. That their a band that hasn't burnt out and is attempting at old glory. U2 are one of the few bands that still exists at the level which they have achieved.

I don't have an idea if it will be fall 04 or spring 05. too many confilicting reasons that give credence to both targeted dates. I just wish we could get some solid info like: the release date is oct 1 2004 - i think we would all be less cranky if we had solid facts (Even if the facs were spring of 2005).

I'm sure we'd hear something official if the album wasn't coming out in the fall of 2004.

I don't think that book or hall of fame induction is anything to stop them from releasing the album sooner.

You are right U2Girl. For now (and forever it seems) this all pure speculation. The only reason the Melbourne radio station said anything about a possible 2005 release date is because of the MTV News report about U2 releasing there book in 2005, which would coincide with a new album release. Let's just wait to see how all the pieces fall into place before we say "it's this date or that date".

what are you guys all talking about?

the album comes out next tuesday, remember?

we all know that March 9th is the release date, and have for a long time.

mikal said:
what are you guys all talking about?

the album comes out next tuesday, remember?

we all know that March 9th is the release date, and have for a long time.

:up:

:drool: If only the album came out Tuesday....

I'm beginning to think that U2 are going through something similar to the process of making Actung Baby. Maybe they're thinking about splitting or not releasing the album all together? Y'know, they should give the release date simply to curb notions like that. Even if it's March 2005, it would give us a glimmer of hope.

Also, since ATYCLB, I've encountered many people personally who, of course, know I'm this HUGE U2 fan... And I'm always talking their heads off about U2's new album. But, if the album doesn't come out, or it does, and it's just crap... I'll feel embarrassed for myself and U2.. It'd be a mess.

Has anyone else speculated that they may have gotten a push to work on the album and make it better as they wait for the technology to use that new type of sound for their next tour? You know, the one that focuses sound to any one or multiple spots. I forgot the name of the technology...but if someone could help me out it would be nice.

Just a thought.

InALittleWhile9 said:
:drool: If only the album came out Tuesday....

I'm beginning to think that U2 are going through something similar to the process of making Actung Baby. Maybe they're thinking about splitting or not releasing the album all together? Y'know, they should give the release date simply to curb notions like that. Even if it's March 2005, it would give us a glimmer of hope.

Also, since ATYCLB, I've encountered many people personally who, of course, know I'm this HUGE U2 fan... And I'm always talking their heads off about U2's new album. But, if the album doesn't come out, or it does, and it's just crap... I'll feel embarrassed for myself and U2.. It'd be a mess.

If you liked all the previous albums, the next album won't be crap.

Back
Top Bottom