2001? How was this past year for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

Now, who's going to kiss me at midnight?
kiss.gif

Here ya go!
biggrin.gif

colinfish.jpg

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

from jumping out uni after one semester to getting a great job to quitting and going to europe for about 2 months and now being home for the holidays, i cant complain can i.

i am pissed though that nearly 20!!!!!!!! of the graduates of 2000 in my class (there were 99) are engaged or married. remember, were all 19.

sick.

------------------
-death bear

Began on a shitty note, followed by some hopeful times in the middle of the year, followed by shitty times near the end, followed by a few weeks of blissful hope, all now reduced to shit.

What a fucking terribly miserable year.

I have had a pretty good year. My childhood best friend and I started hanging out again after 5 years of not talking, and we are closer then ever, Our other best friend moved home after 4 years across the country, my boyfriend and I are planning on moving in together, and I finally (at 24) learned to get along with my parents. To top it all of I got to see U2 twice!!

To those of you who had shitty years, I hope that 2002 is a lot better!! Best wishes!!

It was so-so. They were some good times and bad times, most of them happening now, family wise.
frown.gif
But seeing U2 5 times in the heart with my friend ZooGrl,among others,was the highlight of my year.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles +Laura+. and hoping that 2002 will be a better year for you. I had my highs and lows this past year. My mom was in and out of the hospital four times . The high points of this year was meeting my penpal of 6 years, and attending two U2 concerts!

my year was uh...mixed:
my ex wanted a divorce so i gave him one, then he tried to sue for custody but im not giving him that one, moved back to my mom's house, saw u2 twice this year, met someone online i thought would be 'the one' but he found another girlfriend, found this forum and chat, rediscovered u2 again for the first time since getting my hearing aids this past month. i feel as if i'm hearing the album again for the first time again. its been quite a year for me, i'd say.
i have no regrets.

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

[This message has been edited by nellie (edited 12-31-2001).]

It could not have been much worse for me. I hope this whole year, with a few exceptions, just disolves from my memory.
frown.gif

The bright points?
Meeting U2, getting my pic taken with Larry
biggrin.gif
, seeing them in concert, meeting Dallas, finding this place and the chat
wink.gif
, meeting cool fans, seeing the band at the airport, and a few other things i guess. Sigh.
2002 MUST be a good year for me. I cant take any more sorrow and hatred!!!

Just wondering, cos to me 2001 was one of the worsts years I've experienced... like, my parents divorced, our family is having a wave of bad luck, its fecking weird really...
This year I only had one big happiness that is helping me to get over the rest of the catastrophes
smile.gif

So, how was this year for you?

At the beginning of 2001 I was in a serious relationship with a girl who I was sure I would marry, I was working for a public relations firm and I figured I'd be there for the next 15 years.......
That relationship ended, and I quit my job and now I am getting a master's in education.....
There were MANY rough times in between -- much more so than any other year I have ever encountered in my 24 years, but I am happy to be where I am now! Sometimes I believe that everything truly does happen for a reason.....
Glad to hear you will be an American citizen soon Laura....though I was in Tuscany last year and it is so amazing......

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever!

[This message has been edited by Hitman (edited 12-31-2001).]

Kinda the same as any other year...nothing big happened, well I did see u2 for the first time and I passed my GCSE's and ended up coming in the top 2% of people in Northern Ireland in French, Spanish and English literature which i was really proud of
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

I found my first true love and became engaged to him.

That's probably the best thing I can think of.

Oh yeah, I got a pet mouse too...his name is Morris Maurice.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Sorry to hear about all that bad luck in your family, Laura.
frown.gif

As far as U2ey part of my life is concerned, the year 2001 has been the best year in my life.
Not only did i get the chance to contact many other U2 fans around the world via this forum, i also was lucky to get some B-sides, and even more lucky to make it in the Top 5 entries sula's competition which enabled me to get a U2 bootleg.
On top of all that, i saw U2's show in Boston thanks to our local TV. And last but not least, people seeing my pics here were incredibly nice.
smile.gif

Real life was good. Can't complain - my health hasn't let me down, i got contact with some great people via email, i kept in touch with my friends.
There's things i'd like to take care of in the future, so that should be interesting too - and hopefully those thing will turn out right.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-31-2001).]

It was pretty good up until the last few weeks.
tongue.gif

But even these last few weeks I can't complain...my friends and family are always here with me, so that makes up for all the crap that goes on in the meantime.
smile.gif

I also found this board and have had a hell of a time seeing U2 this year and meeting all sorts of cool and interesting people because of it.

Happy New Year, everyone!! Now, who's going to kiss me at midnight?
kiss.gif

------------------
The future is so predictable the past is too uncomfortable

Developed the best friendship Ive ever experienced in my life.Good times and hard.
Dealt with a lot of family stuff that I still am.
Realised i want a different career, now i just gotta figure out how.
Travelled to UK/Ireland to see U2 3 times. Met some great fans along the way. Stood a metre from Bono *still makes me giddy*
Went to Slane
Travelled through the North of Italy. Had a blast!!!!
Went back to London, had major probs and came home well before I was due.

With the way 2001 went for the world in general, lets look to 2002 with a lot of hope. Good riddance to 2001, hey?

Good things:
1.) Saw U2 in munich.
2.) Started studying law.
3.) My friendships are running better tham ever.
4.) Friends and family are all healty and fine.

Bad things:
1.) Somehow the future looks very uncertain.
2.) This boyband shit is going stronger than ever.
3.) The world was a very rageful one - again.
4.) No girlfriend
frown.gif

After all: Average

------------------
beLIEve

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Stood a metre from Bono *still makes me giddy*
!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

It was ok until the last four months. Definitely had some highlights and some fun times but overall, not really a year I want to relive.

The highlight for 2001 for me was how many concerts I saw: U2(twice), Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Madonna, Bryan Adams(twice), Janet Jackson, John Mellencamp, and Bruce Springsteen(twice).

As for my personal life, it was dull really, but I didn't make much of an attempt to change it. I hate the college that I go to, and I had tons of problems in 2000 between school, friends from high school, and relatives, so for 2001 I pretty much just shut my self off from the world a lot and just concentrated on working towards my English degree. So it was a dull year, but I'll take dull over chaotic. I just hope that 2002 will be a bit more interesting for me personally, and I'll make more of an attempt to change it.

all in all 2001 was an awesome year for me. 3 times in the heart at U2 concerts, generally just feeling better about myself and my life, i'm way more self-confident then i used to be, i've met a lot of great people both at school and at u2 concerts... and of course melissa who's inclusion in this year has been a very wonderful thing. Nothing really bad happened to me personally either, at least not that I remember.. So yeah, probably the best year of my life yet.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 01-01-2002).]

It started off really shitty but things over the last 4-5months have been great! Have met lots of great people, saw U2 six times, and met possibly the nicest guy I've ever met in my life!

Incredible highs.... turned 40, saw Bob Dylan, Emmylou Harris and Joan Armatrading and Pantera(don't ask),started building THE kitchen(at last), my dad survived his operation, hearing my sons play their guitars
smile.gif

some lows.....turned 40, haven't finished THE Kitchen, fearing my dad wouldn't survive and helplessly watching mum suffer through it all.
That's the personal level...I celebrated my son's birthday September 10, had the smile totally wiped from our faces the next day.

Thru it all......U2
Hallelujiah.
Life is all about balance, as far as I can work out. I hope we get it right this year for the sake of future generations.
Good luck to you all in 2002.

2001 sucked ass... My dad had a heart attack, my grandpa had a recurrance of colon cancer for the 3rd time, had my heart broken rather badly... I dunno, one good thing was the Hamilton show though, Im glad I didnt miss out on that like I did the Toronto show (grr hiss and boo towards all my friends on that one lol).

I dunno, Im just glad its over with. Bring on 2002

Overall it's been a great year. I graduated college, moved back to California, finally saw my best friend again...and fell in love with her.
smile.gif

Oh, and I saw U2 three times.
biggrin.gif

On the tough side, I had to break off a long distance relationship before it really had the chance to grow at all, I struggled for 3 months to find a decent job, and what the future holds for me, both in terms of work and personal matters, is more confusing than ever.

But even if the bad stuff was 10x worse and I hadn't seen U2 at all, it would've still been a great year. *sigh*...
smile.gif

Thank goodness other people are saying that 2001 was just about awful for them because I am just the same.

1) Girl that I loved fell for someone else
2) Liked another girl - that didn't work out either
3) Me and my best mate drifted apart. He's now in a big group of friends and doesn't bother to include me.
4) Loads of schoolwork (Studied AS and A2 levels)
5) The shock to everyone of Sept 11
6) Family problems

Never mind, it was a bad year but next year has got to be better, for everyone. At least U2 had one of their most successful years yet anyway.

[This message has been edited by Zoo Station (edited 01-01-2002).]

i had a very up-and-down 2001: i lost my job of 10 years through layoffs that are plaguing the t-com industry; my aunt died...2 days after the 9-11 disaster; I'm still in Dallas, ugh; my brother and SIL adopted a baby girl; my family is still healthy and whole, including my 99 year old grandparents; and best of all, I was blessed enough to see THREE U2 concerts, MEET EDGE, and meet a ton of new U2 friends in the process...what a blast!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-01-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom