2000 re-issue of the joshua tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BizzaD

The Fly
Does anyone have this? It has the original vinyl cover. Does it sound any better than the 80's cd release? (Which in my opinion is very outdated, the sound is too muted). Is the One Tree Hill track overlap into Exit fixed?

Thanks,
Bizza

Is the gold disc the same as the 2000 re-issue? how much better is the sound quality?

bram said:
Is the gold disc the same as the 2000 re-issue? how much better is the sound quality?

No, they're not the same. The Gold Disc is the original master recording, released in 1996. There is also one available (thank goodness!) for The Unforgettable Fire. The sound quality is vastly superior, warmer, fuller, richer. This is especially noticeable on the UF disc, as the "regular" one has really atrocious sound. They're hard to find, and expensive.

Thanks biff. So what is the deal with the 2000 re-issue? I'm surprised i've never seen it before...

hi i don't want to open a new thread for this but does someone know where i can get info on the "complete Joshua Tree" track list? (i mean the double CD version with the B-side then appeared on singles that Bono wanted to publish on the regular album)

Back
Top Bottom