2 Songs from HTDAAB Tonight on BBC1!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A brilliant performance - the energy in Vertigo and I Will Follow was stunning, and somtimes is such an amazing song anyway, and they performed it perfectly

:D

KUEFC09U2 said:
bono added something to sometimes the part where he normally sings "and its you when i look in the mirror and its you that makes it hard to let go" he added DAD before he sang that line,

I don't remember the end of Sometimes whatsoever.
I think I was in a daze after the "Can you hear me when I sing?" part.

It keeps getting said on here, and quite rightly, is Bono going to be able to perform Sometimes night after night? The sheer effort to get that middle section out is incredible. His Old Man would have been proud though - he nailed it!

yeah, it was ali
I just saw the show. I was switching channels and suddenly the guys were on TV. Great performances. Bono had a little bit problems with his voice during Vertigo. SYCMIOYO was good; I will follow was perfect. At the end of the song, he jumped into the public and shouted "stand up, little old bastard" at a man on the first few rows...
anyway, great music

Bono talked continuously during the interview. The other guys didn't say that much. Adam confirmed that playing live always gives him a kick. Larry laughed at Bono when they talked about his absence in the studio due to his charity commitments: "aren't we good enough? After 25 years?" :wink:

It was a good interview, can't find fault in that and the performance was awesome. The best band in the world without a shadow of doubt.

rjhbonovox said:
Wasn't Jessica Stevenson cute as well .....heheheeh.

I love her - she's a bloody great, talented and underratted actress who should definately get more props than she does - was good 2 see her on a prime time chat show regardless.

And God bless her, she was SO excited, she looked like she was about to pee herself!
:lol:

Yeah Jessica Stevenson was definetly a fan of U2 cos she looked pretty excited. She's cool.

jonathon ross

bananacologne said:
THREE songs. :wink:

they played VERTIGO , than sat and shot the breeze with Jonathon Ross , then SYCMIOYO , then I WILL FOLOW and justlike SAT NITE LIVE they finished the show as BONO was saying LETS HAVE 1 MORE !!! Bastards never even heard the intro , WE CAN ONLY GUESS .

Aww, Sometimes was bootiful. Thank god. I like the way bono smiles at "a house doesn't make a home" *tee hee - me so clever* Adam appears to have his Pop shirt, crazyness. What about Larry - he still looks bored... what can we do for the poor guy, it's his band isn't it?

I Will Follow- oh, mumma. The greatest band in the World. Ali's in the audience if you have a look see... (sorry i should have stored opinions up) That was exciting. Thank the maker... and Paul McGuiness. BTW, my capture crashed (than's bill gates) so- i hope someone else was recording :S

Re: jonathon ross

abombdismantler said:

they played VERTIGO , than sat and shot the breeze with Jonathon Ross , then SYCMIOYO , then I WILL FOLOW and justlike SAT NITE LIVE they finished the show as BONO was saying LETS HAVE 1 MORE !!! Bastards never even heard the intro , WE CAN ONLY GUESS .

I was at the taping on Thursday night!!!

It was totally amazing!!

The 4th song was Vertigo but with improvised lyrics from Bono!!!

We were sat on the row behind Ali about 5 seats in towards the middle!!

Lucy3011 said:

I don't remember the end of Sometimes whatsoever.
I think I was in a daze after the "Can you hear me when I sing?" part.

he sung the chorus of no regrets an old walkers brother number..

there'[s no regrets no tears goodbye I don't want you back we would only cry again.. say goodbye again.. I think he got a bit over emotional trying to sing it though which was why it was hard to understand.. lucky I know the song well.. made me wanna cry:sad:

annj said:

there'[s no regrets no tears goodbye I don't want you back we would only cry again.. say goodbye again.. I think he got a bit over emotional trying to sing it though which was why it was hard to understand.. lucky I know the song well.. made me wanna cry:sad:

Ah yeah I remember that bit. But between the "sing" part and that... it's all a bit blank! Looking forward to the video files!

Yeah, that snippet was amazing (just looked it up from the lyrics I heard).
He did move a bit like Joe Cocker during that song though. :)

in the interview he always said bomb was number 1 in 32 countrys!! i didnt know that

annj said:

Yeah - he did that on the SNL performance too - cute addition.

STILL wanna know how the band's official site can't even get correct information out...like, what the hell's that all about?

Kinda embaressing, dontcha think? Or do ya reckon they have someone updating the news that couldn't give a rats ass or knows absolute screw-all about 'em? Hell, they can't even be bothered to proof read their own updates...

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom