2 questions about Rattle and Hum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
1) The songs that are featured in the soundtrack-are they taken from several shows or just one particular concert?

2) "Don't believe the devil, i don't believe his book" - does such a book exist? (as opposed to the Bible?)

I have heard stories of a satanic bible exsisting.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by U2girl:
2) "Don't believe the devil, i don't believe his book" - does such a book exist?

Any diet book!

Eat what you want, when you want in moderation and exercise! Throw the diet books out the window.
smile.gif

------------------
"Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Wasn't there a book called Satanic verses?

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Originally posted by david:
I have heard stories of a satanic bible exsisting.

There is a book called the Satanic Bible. It's by Anton LaVey. It is actually an interesting read. I read it for a freshman seminar. The ideas in it are not necessarily what people may think when they hear 'satantic'. It is just a different perspective.

[This message has been edited by U2morrow (edited 04-07-2002).]

[This message has been edited by U2morrow (edited 04-07-2002).]

I heard that Kathie Lee Gifford is writing her biography, so that would qualify.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by U2girl:
1) The songs that are featured in the soundtrack-are they taken from several shows or just one particular concert?

They are taken from several concerts, but most of the tracks come from 2 concerts:
- Denver, McNichols Arena, 8 November 1987 (almost all B&W footage except All Along The Watchtower & When Love Comes To Town)
- Tempe, Sun Devil Stadium, 20 December 1987 (all colour footage)

The other two songs are from:
- San Francisco, Justin Herman Plaza, 11 November 1987 (All Along The Watchtower)
- Fort Worth, Tarrant County Convention Center, 24 November 1987 (When Love Comes To Town)

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

U2girl, here is the book Bono is referring to in the song God Part II

goldman.gif

"Don't believe in Goldman
His type like a curse
Instant karma's going to get him
If I don't get him first"

Albert Goldman wrote a most unflattering book about John Lennon.

There are interviews with Bono talking about this book and the song.

LOL @ Likeo2 and Popfly.

EP and America: Oh, so THAT's where he got the "Goldman" from. I thought he was just referring to corrupt riches in that line.
Thanks for solving my "mystery"!
smile.gif

So as the "devil" line continues "but the truth is not the same without the lies he made up" - is that a referrence to Goldman too?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 04-08-2002).]

that's right, God Part II is about Goldman. He's dead now. He wrote that book about Elvis at that time that was revolting, and Bono was vocal about how he felt on raking Elvis over the coals. Have that book, found it at a garage sale. That's one of my favorite songs, the music is great as well as the words. It was the Elvis book by Goldman he was talking about.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 04-08-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom