2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans..... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2006, 06:57 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:03 PM
2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

"Why would you reschedule your concerts in Sydney the same time as Kylie....why make your fans choose....These were both cancelled tours, and the Kylie dates have been released for a while now. (from a fan in Sydney)"

"Could someone please ask the promoter to change the rescheduled date for the Hawaii tour????? The Honolulu Marathon is on Sunday and we won't be able to rest well enough for the race!! Could the concert be moved to either Friday the 8th or Sunday the 10th??? I really want to go to the concert, and I don't want to feel tired for the race!! (from a fan in Hawaii)"

never happy

Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 AM   #2
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:03 AM
Yes, how dare people be disappointed that their plans clash. They should be jumping with joy, or perhaps grovelling at U2's feet.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2006, 07:25 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 12:03 AM
U2 fans like good music, and so shouldn't be going to Kylie Minogue concerts anyway.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:25 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 03:03 PM
The twickenham concert last year coincided with my wedding. The b******s.

I nearly had to call it off.

(luckily they announced the manchester dates a few days before)
Old 07-31-2006, 07:27 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Yes, how dare people be disappointed that their plans clash. They should be jumping with joy, or perhaps grovelling at U2's feet.

ye but look at the second one, he wants a whole concert rescheduled just so he has time to rest for his marathon
and the first one, its almost as if he/she is blaming U2 because it coincides with kylie
Old 07-31-2006, 07:39 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Meghan
U2 fans like good music, and so shouldn't be going to Kylie Minogue concerts anyway.
exactly
Old 07-31-2006, 07:48 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:03 AM
Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

Quote:
Originally posted by KUEFC09U2 never happy
you've never been dissapointed with the band?...i'm sure U2 fans arent they only once who are 'never happy'
Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002

you've never been dissapointed with the band?...i'm sure U2 fans arent they only once who are 'never happy'
i can honestly say no, for the simple reason, if i dont like something i dont tend to dwell on it, i find something else, or just listen to and enjoy the things i do like, i find it makes me alot happier in life to do it that way rather than hope/demand that someone does something that they may not want to just to make me happy
Old 07-31-2006, 08:16 AM   #9
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

I have to admit before the dates got announced i was starting to think 'i honestly dont care when the dates are, please just announce them!' I dont think the band should have to work round the plans of some people hoping to go to the concerts - by the sound of it they have already worked round alot of other stuff, like the football etc.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:42 AM   #10
War Child

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Meghan

Old 07-31-2006, 08:51 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:03 AM
Re: Re: Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

Quote:
Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
i can honestly say no, for the simple reason, if i dont like something i dont tend to dwell on it
you sure seem to dwell on any critcism of u2, no matter how small

so 2 people in this world are upset that the rescheduled dates cause a conflict for them

who cares, why dwell on this?
Old 07-31-2006, 08:58 AM   #12
Refugee

The first one is really funny... I can't imagine someone who wanted to go to the two concerts...
Old 07-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

you sure seem to dwell on any critcism of u2, no matter how small

so 2 people in this world are upset that the rescheduled dates cause a conflict for them

who cares, why dwell on this?
simply because i do actually enjoy coming here, and this board seems to be full of criticism,

and that post was over on atu2 so i just wanted to see what peoples reactions were to it here

you know, sometimes feels like some people actually hate me simply because i dont like seeing constant criticism of the band.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:02 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:03 PM
Fair enough, I understand some fans have other arrangements at the time of those dates.
I guess decide what's a priority: Kyle or U2 or the marathon? If you can't see/do both, you will just have to pick one.
Are other Australian dates not an option for those fans?

That said, I would love to see U2 internet sites the day after if U2 decided to change these dates.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #15
The Male

Local Time: 06:03 AM
Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

Quote:
"Why would you reschedule your concerts in Sydney the same time as Kylie....why make your fans choose....These were both cancelled tours, and the Kylie dates have been released for a while now. (from a fan in Sydney)"

"Could someone please ask the promoter to change the rescheduled date for the Hawaii tour????? The Honolulu Marathon is on Sunday and we won't be able to rest well enough for the race!! Could the concert be moved to either Friday the 8th or Sunday the 10th??? I really want to go to the concert, and I don't want to feel tired for the race!! (from a fan in Hawaii)"

never happy
I agree with you. This is laughable.

"Why did u2 have ta play on Teusday???? I was gonna east a snadwhich that day!!!!111!!12 "

I can understand being upset about having a concert you were going to go to on the same day as your wedding, but having to choose between U2 and Kylie? WTF?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:18 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

I agree with you. This is laughable.

"Why did u2 have ta play on Teusday???? I was gonna east a snadwhich that day!!!!111!!12 "

I can understand being upset about having a concert you were going to go to on the same day as your wedding, but having to choose between U2 and Kylie? WTF?
thanks, glad someone agrees with me
Old 07-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:03 AM

Quote:
i can honestly say no, for the simple reason, if i dont like something i dont tend to dwell on it, i find something else, or just listen to and enjoy the things i do like, i find it makes me alot happier in life to do it that way rather than hope/demand that someone does something that they may not want to just to make me happy
U2 are not above criticism. They have such a large audience and fan base there is no way everyone is going to be happy about everything they do. They certainly are not perfect either. This is a discussion/message board, different opinions and views are a good thing in that regard to me.

That being said, criticism should have a point and at least be logical to a certain extent. The "U2 stinks" type post doesnt meet that criteria IMO. I would say the rescheduling dates for a particular persons individual criteria would also fall under the unreasonable umbrella which I think is what you are pointing out.

I dont think everyone hates you for defending the band all the time. There are people here that absolutely hate me for various reasons that have never met me. But you have to remember defending every single thing they do all the time can be as irritating to some as the person that only criticizes the band at every turn. Difference being at least you are positive and being a fan to me is about finding enjoyment in all of this, not constant misery. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, you just dont have to agree with it.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 04:03 PM
I find both quotes quite funny actually, so stupid
Old 07-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:03 AM

Quote:
thanks, glad someone agrees with me
I agree with you too, but I don't think it's a U2 fan thing as much as it's a people thing. People love to bitch...I actually heard/read someplace that there's a bunch of Beyonce's fans that are starting a petition asking her to re-do her latest video...because they don't like her outfit, her dance moves, and her "interaction" with boyfriend/fiance whatever they are right now Jay-Z. Honestly...
Old 07-31-2006, 06:48 PM   #20
you are what you is

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Yes, how dare people be disappointed that their plans clash.
disappointed ... yes definitely
talking about asking the promoter to change the dates ... close to ridiculous