2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
"Why would you reschedule your concerts in Sydney the same time as Kylie....why make your fans choose....These were both cancelled tours, and the Kylie dates have been released for a while now. (from a fan in Sydney)"

"Could someone please ask the promoter to change the rescheduled date for the Hawaii tour????? The Honolulu Marathon is on Sunday and we won't be able to rest well enough for the race!! Could the concert be moved to either Friday the 8th or Sunday the 10th??? I really want to go to the concert, and I don't want to feel tired for the race!! (from a fan in Hawaii)"

never happy

Yes, how dare people be disappointed that their plans clash. They should be jumping with joy, or perhaps grovelling at U2's feet.

:|

The twickenham concert last year coincided with my wedding. The b******s.

I nearly had to call it off.

(luckily they announced the manchester dates a few days before)

Axver said:
Yes, how dare people be disappointed that their plans clash. They should be jumping with joy, or perhaps grovelling at U2's feet.

:|
ye but look at the second one, he wants a whole concert rescheduled just so he has time to rest for his marathon :|
and the first one, its almost as if he/she is blaming U2 because it coincides with kylie :|

Re: Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

bono_man2002 said:

you've never been dissapointed with the band?...i'm sure U2 fans arent they only once who are 'never happy'
i can honestly say no, for the simple reason, if i dont like something i dont tend to dwell on it, i find something else, or just listen to and enjoy the things i do like, i find it makes me alot happier in life to do it that way rather than hope/demand that someone does something that they may not want to just to make me happy

I have to admit before the dates got announced i was starting to think 'i honestly dont care when the dates are, please just announce them!' I dont think the band should have to work round the plans of some people hoping to go to the concerts - by the sound of it they have already worked round alot of other stuff, like the football etc.

Re: Re: Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

KUEFC09U2 said:
i can honestly say no, for the simple reason, if i dont like something i dont tend to dwell on it

you sure seem to dwell on any critcism of u2, no matter how small

so 2 people in this world are upset that the rescheduled dates cause a conflict for them

who cares, why dwell on this?

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

Chizip said:

you sure seem to dwell on any critcism of u2, no matter how small

so 2 people in this world are upset that the rescheduled dates cause a conflict for them

who cares, why dwell on this?
simply because i do actually enjoy coming here, and this board seems to be full of criticism,

and that post was over on atu2 so i just wanted to see what peoples reactions were to it here

you know, sometimes feels like some people actually hate me simply because i dont like seeing constant criticism of the band.

Fair enough, I understand some fans have other arrangements at the time of those dates. :shrug:
I guess decide what's a priority: Kyle or U2 or the marathon? If you can't see/do both, you will just have to pick one.
Are other Australian dates not an option for those fans?

That said, I would love to see U2 internet sites the day after if U2 decided to change these dates. :eek:

KUEFC09U2 said:
"Why would you reschedule your concerts in Sydney the same time as Kylie....why make your fans choose....These were both cancelled tours, and the Kylie dates have been released for a while now. (from a fan in Sydney)"

"Could someone please ask the promoter to change the rescheduled date for the Hawaii tour????? The Honolulu Marathon is on Sunday and we won't be able to rest well enough for the race!! Could the concert be moved to either Friday the 8th or Sunday the 10th??? I really want to go to the concert, and I don't want to feel tired for the race!! (from a fan in Hawaii)"

never happy

I agree with you. This is laughable.

"Why did u2 have ta play on Teusday???? I was gonna east a snadwhich that day!!!!111!!12 :( "

I can understand being upset about having a concert you were going to go to on the same day as your wedding, but having to choose between U2 and Kylie? WTF?

Re: Re: 2 paragraphs that kinda some up some U2 fans.....

LemonMelon said:

I agree with you. This is laughable.

"Why did u2 have ta play on Teusday???? I was gonna east a snadwhich that day!!!!111!!12 :( "

I can understand being upset about having a concert you were going to go to on the same day as your wedding, but having to choose between U2 and Kylie? WTF?
thanks, glad someone agrees with me :)

KUEFC09U2 said:
i can honestly say no, for the simple reason, if i dont like something i dont tend to dwell on it, i find something else, or just listen to and enjoy the things i do like, i find it makes me alot happier in life to do it that way rather than hope/demand that someone does something that they may not want to just to make me happy

U2 are not above criticism. They have such a large audience and fan base there is no way everyone is going to be happy about everything they do. They certainly are not perfect either. This is a discussion/message board, different opinions and views are a good thing in that regard to me.

That being said, criticism should have a point and at least be logical to a certain extent. The "U2 stinks" type post doesnt meet that criteria IMO. I would say the rescheduling dates for a particular persons individual criteria would also fall under the unreasonable umbrella which I think is what you are pointing out.

I dont think everyone hates you for defending the band all the time. There are people here that absolutely hate me for various reasons that have never met me. But you have to remember defending every single thing they do all the time can be as irritating to some as the person that only criticizes the band at every turn. Difference being at least you are positive and being a fan to me is about finding enjoyment in all of this, not constant misery. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, you just dont have to agree with it. :shrug:

Last edited:

KUEFC09U2 said:
thanks, glad someone agrees with me :)

I agree with you too, but I don't think it's a U2 fan thing as much as it's a people thing. People love to bitch...I actually heard/read someplace that there's a bunch of Beyonce's fans that are starting a petition asking her to re-do her latest video...because they don't like her outfit, her dance moves, and her "interaction" with boyfriend/fiance whatever they are right now Jay-Z. Honestly...

Axver said:
Yes, how dare people be disappointed that their plans clash.
disappointed ... yes definitely
talking about asking the promoter to change the dates ... close to ridiculous

yes the comments are ridiculous, but to say these 2 comments represent u2 fans as a whole is just as ridiculous

people are idiots in general, not just u2 fans

I’m very disappointed U2 chose to play Copenhagen last year on a rainy day! Man, I got soaked… damn Irishmen and their bloody weather of choice.

Back
Top Bottom