2 New EXIT Mp3s--New York/Gone & I Will Follow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andisono

The Fly
Written as a reply to someone on WIRE:

Thanks for the compliment, Jim! We're not into bashing other bands, actually haven't seen very many tribute bands at all, all I can say is that Exit and U2LA enjoy a special bond of love for the music and each other. On top of all that, EXIT KICKS ARSE!!!!

Listen to the 2 new mp3s I put up on u2lafans.com. My favorite is "New York/Gone." This was the band's first performance since the terrorist bombings. The whole band was on the verge of tears playing it--you can kinda hear Nikki crack doing the ooooooooos;Affa had her eyes closed, trying to keep it together;Captive was crying through her guitar; Dim was really smashing her kit. At the normal end, the band was going to stop, but Nikki kept going on adding "don't let the bastards grind you down" and parts of "Gone." It's one of those classic, emotional U2 moments. Even through the crappy recording, I think you can feel it... I don't know, maybe it's 'cause I was there.

A few nights later at Exit's Red Cross benefit, they did a special arrangement of "POE/NY" that I'm hoping U2 will try during the third leg.

Bono during Rattle and Hum on playing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" after the Eneskillen bombing: "...people will not understand how we felt on stage."

Now, we do.
http://www.u2lafans.com Click here: U2LAFANS.COM Presents Andi's Exit Fan Page--All-Girl Tribute to U2!
-----------
In a message dated 10/4/01 1:45:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, njbono2001@yahoo.com writes:

Subj:Re: [U2Wire.com] New EXIT Pics & their first mp3!!!!!!!!!!
Date:10/4/01 1:45:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Reply-to: wire-u2@yahoogroups.com
To: wire-u2@yahoogroups.com, U2-West-USA@egroups.com, u2-list@yahoogroups.com, radiohead@yahoogroups.com, rewired@yahoogroups.com

I had a chance to see them play and let me tell you these guys are great. I enjoy watching them play. They don't have the bad attitude like some other U2 cover bands I have seen seem to have.

And yes the lead singer for this U2 cover band actually can sing!

Back
Top Bottom