2-3 Weeks : I can feel it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
I haven't been more certain about the annoucement from U2 concerning the release dates of their album and first single all year long than I am now. Obviously I would be pretty confident now considering all the happenings and going ons.

But, I have a gut feeling (and when I do have a gut feeling, I am 9 out of 10 times correct) that by Friday July 16, 2004, we will have official release dates and an announcement from the U2 camp.

If not, I will no longer do predictions. But I am pretty sure we will know by Friday July 16. In fact, I will even narrow it down to between July 5 and July 16. In fact, I will even narrow it down to more specifically - Monday July 5th, the U2 camp will announce release dates.

Of course, I am giving myself some leway all the way till the 16th.

What day do you think U2 will announce release dates? Let's have fun!

If Bono is still writing and recording lyrics, the "album" is far from finished. The next news we'll hear will be another change in release date, to March 05. Pathetic. 4 1/2 years for 12 tunes. Remember last fall, all the news was the album would be finished by Christmas? Well, they meant Christmas 04.

Last edited:
I have the feeling also....but I think by early august we'll start hearing beLIEvable things.....

nah...it's gotta come out this fall.....

right?

:reject:

No matter what Bono is doing, it'll come out before the year is over. I mean, unless something extremley unexpected happens (like say a rhino migrating into the studio), there's no way they'll let the album slip that far, no matter how good or bad it may be.

Last edited:
I agree. Early next month is way too early to expect concrete release dates, etc. Remember, U2 still have to play the album for their record label, work with A&R people and do the whole album release preparation dance. It's far more than just finishing the album, looking at the calendar and then asking your publicist to send out a press release.

Cmon, fall!!

i was just thinking yesterday...

i was thinking about how awesome it will be the day before the Cd comes out! man there'll be 1,000 posts here on the forum, and half by me. I might just explode

but until then...

cmon, bad quality bootlegs of the new songs!

in august a small buzz will start and possibly even an early leak of the new single.

by sept/oct, things will really pick up.

so enjoy your summer, and you'll have something to look forward to this fall.

Axver said:
When were the announcements made for ATYCLB?

New Album and Single Dates Reported

@U2, June 30, 2000

Matt McGee

U2 fans can tentatively circle your calendars for October to mark the expected release dates of U2's next album and the first accompanying single.

According to reports posted this week on the mailing list "Wire," an Island spokesperson in Europe has let it be known that the new album -- whose title is not yet known -- is due for an October 30 release (October 31 in the U.S.). The first single, also unannounced at this point, is due to hit store shelves October 9 (October 10 in the U.S.), with radio receiving its copies more than a month earlier on September 4.

the album title came out in mid-August, atu2 had an article from August 21st that revealed the title, but I remember them being a little behind Interference on that news. Beautiful Day was reported as the single in late July and it was leaked in late August as well. It appeared first on Intereference, so someone here casn verify that date, but it was late August if memory serves.

Plenty of time to wait.....still. But not really that much longer. It likely won't follow the exact pattern, but might resemble it somewhat.

My guess is good news comes in July, but don't get the hopes up for any leaks this time around until at least August if at all, seems teh band are much more tight lipped about #11.

Something will be announced in July. This is a very long awaited album in which U2's camp will hype up (hopefully not too much). U2 would be stupid not to say anything.

Back
Top Bottom