1979 Concert: Cork...A Must Listen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I was just at U2star, and they've got this really old U2 concert, I mean, it's dated 1979-10-05! Anyway, download 'Boy Girl' just to listen to Bono's antics. He was always a little out of control. He made the entire opera house bust out laughing. What a comedian. He must have been all but 19 at the time. Listen to how he says, "sweetheart". Way too funny. As for the music, it's a bit painful, but it's really cool knowing how young they are. I haven't listened to the rest yet. Here's the link:

http://www.u2star.com/concert.html

I'm downloading it right now. It's cool to have some of their really old stuff like this. There a few songs on here I've never even heard.

Thank YOU!!
I downloaded..and burned...and listened...and wow :eek:
Yes...time capsule....excellent stuff :up:
Thanks Michael :wave:

I've just decided that I like "Cartoon World" quite a bit.

I had a diff. version on a bootleg I have, but listening to this version I've realized that I really love the guitar riff in the song.

Is the last song really U2? Doesn't sound like them at all to me...

You mean Glad To See You Go? Yep, that's U2 covering The Ramones!

This makes me believe this is the concert of which Bono once commented, that they played the TV executives some Ramones songs and said they were their own. However, the execs didn't know this and put them on air because of these songs.

C ya!

Marty (who doesn't have this concert, but knows about it through the book U2 Live: A Concert Documentary)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Question: Did anyone else have trouble d/l this?

I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to download the Intro and Stories... but about 2 minutes into each d/l, I get cut off. :yell: Anyone else experiencing this? :scratch:
awww April :hug: :kiss:
Actually I had the EXACT same problem, hon.
All the files kept on cutting off at something like 99 kB....
At first, I was trying to rename the files BEFORE I started d/ling this show...
And that's when I had the problem :rant:
But then I went back and just saved the files as is...and then it went fine. :der:
and of course later I just HAD to rename them again. I've got OCD. :uhoh:
So I dunno, Poodle..if you're trying to rename them b4 d/l'ing them...so try that to see if it works. :heart:
Good luck :wave:

mmmBono said:

awww April :hug: :kiss:
Actually I had the EXACT same problem, hon.
All the files kept on cutting off at something like 99 kB....
At first, I was trying to rename the files BEFORE I started d/ling this show...
And that's when I had the problem :rant:
But then I went back and just saved the files as is...and then it went fine. :der:
and of course later I just HAD to rename them again. I've got OCD. :uhoh:
So I dunno, Poodle..if you're trying to rename them b4 d/l'ing them...so try that to see if it works. :heart:
Good luck :wave:

Thanks, girl. I'll def try that when I get home tonight! :)

yertle-the-turtle said:
bono somehow doesn't sound like bono on glad to see you go, unless it's someone else singing. and what's the joke before cartoon world?

I totally agree Yertle, doesnt sound like Bono at all.

I can't tell what the joke is either. The quality of the voice isnt the best right then, it's all fuzzy. What I can understand isnt funny to me at all. haha.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Thanks, girl. I'll def try that when I get home tonight! :)
Yer welcome :sexywink:
And if that doesn't work...then try the flashget thing.
You see...I *have* flashget....but it wasn't even activated when I downloaded so I'm not sure if you need it or what.
:der:
Just try what I did and let us all know if it works. :)

Back
Top Bottom