15 Greatest Grammy Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh wow, thank you very much! I'll definitely be taping it! I love these reminders of U2 on TV...before interference I had barely seen anything U2 related on TV..thanks again!

Rosebud said:
Fo Shizzle Vlaco. :love:

That took me so long to get on my iPod in proper format, but was SO worth it! :faint:

"Fuck up the mainstream" ...? When was this, and do you have a link??? :)

It was when U2 won one for Zooropa (best alternative) in I think 93, 94? I think its up on youtube. I'm at work and they blocked youtube so I can't get you a link:sad:

elevated_u2_fan said:

I thought that was from the People's Choice Awards... wasn't it? :scratch:

I have no clue. :shrug:

I thought it was the Grammy's for The Hands That Built America.

No, it was at the Golden Globe award ceremony when Bono and Edge won the Golden Globe for Hands. Bono had to pay big time for uttering the F-word on television.

gherman said:
It was when U2 won one for Zooropa (best alternative) in I think 93, 94? I think its up on youtube. I'm at work and they blocked youtube so I can't get you a link:sad:

Oh man! I desperately tried searching for that speech once on youtube and couldn't find it. Are you sure it's on there?

Zootlesque said:

Oh man! I desperately tried searching for that speech once on youtube and couldn't find it. Are you sure it's on there?

I've had the same trouble finding that myself, and really like to have it. Especially now that there's that program that creates downloadable YouTube links...

Did they ever perform at the Grammys during the couple years around Achtung Baby? That would be nice to see too...

I wouldn't think they would show the top 15 on the commercials would they? When I saw this thread my immediate guess was the F up the Mainstream thing though, but it'll probably be something like One w/ Mary J.

bono_212 said:
I wouldn't think they would show the top 15 on the commercials would they? When I saw this thread my immediate guess was the F up the Mainstream thing though, but it'll probably be something like One w/ Mary J.

That was the Golden Globes for HTBA.

Zootlesque said:

It was on there a few weeks ago because I got excited when I saw it on there. Its possible that it got removed. I swear when Bono did that speech he was the coolest thing EVER. God those days were awesome.

lazarus said:

I've had the same trouble finding that myself, and really like to have it. Especially now that there's that program that creates downloadable YouTube links...

Did they ever perform at the Grammys during the couple years around Achtung Baby? That would be nice to see too...

I don't remember them ever performing for a show like that at that time unless the broadcast from a Zoo concert. They were too cool and aloof(sp?:eyebrow: ) at the time.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom