15 Greatest Grammy Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BD was probably U2's best Grammy performance in the sense that Bono was actually moving around and going out into the audience. When was the last time anyone at the Grammys did that?

Anyway, I'm glad I caught this show. It was a lot of fun. It reminded me why I watch the Grammys every year even if 99 percent of the show is either boring or makes me want to stick a sharp object in my ear. You never know when you are going to see something like Bruce Springsteen, Little Steven, Dave Grohl and Elvis Costello doing "Lodon Calling" a couple months after Joe Strummer's death or Melissa Etheridge belting out a Janis Joplin song and being totally kick-ass when she's still bald from chemotherapy.

I'm not sure why American Idiot was #1. I like Green Day, I like the song and it was a great performance, but shouldn't #1 be just a little more than that?

Yeah, was this an online voting sort of thing? Because as much as I love the song, I was surprised to see Green Day as number one.

corianderstem said:
Yeah, was this an online voting sort of thing? Because as much as I love the song, I was surprised to see Green Day as number one.

Yes it was because I remember voting for Beautiful Day and the tsunami collaboration performance ( Across the Universe) from the 05 Grammys.

Yes, I was a bit surprised with the way the "best moments" were ordered, but oh well! It was cool that a rock group got number 1, though I'm not a huge Green Day fan.

Both Bono and Edge looked fantastic in the interview, and the BD performance WAS amazing.

Did you guys catch their other appearances in the show? I really liked the 1994 clip where Bono presented Sinatra with some award (can't remember the name...).

RavenBlue said:
Also puzzled at the Green Day number one finish.. but whatever.

I enjoyed watching it and Bono and Edge were great. Edge's expressions made me giggle.

yeah I noticed that as well, in all U2 interviews, Edge and Bono really listen to what each other are saying, and Edge in particular is always reacting to Bono with these facial expressions that are many times humorous :laugh:...and for Larry, he just chills in the background, probably half listening, and adam, probably same thing :lol:

hey did anyone notice that they showed U2's performance like 30 times throughout the entire show leading up to them? Was that just to keep the audience's attention? They didn't do that to anyone else but U2 :hmm:

Although I still enjoyed the interview and performance, I thought they made it just a little more predictable...I was also disappointed in the performance they chose!! Walk on 2002 was a million times better, and I would've preferred to see SYCMIOYO as well :shame:

oh well...:sad:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
Lennon at the grammys! Wow! :ohmy:

It's fun seeing the moments from my childhood and the ones I missed like Lennon for example. But I'm not looking forward to seeing McCartney with JayZ and Linkin Park. :|

They're gonna show the BD performance. I wish they would show the Zooropa acceptance speech but it's not gonna happen. :scream:

I had the same reaction seeing John Lennon at the awards show....a little before my time. But none-the-less, awesome to see him :)

Back
Top Bottom