15 Greatest Grammy Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I swear if Mary J. Blige would've said "That World Trade Center thing" one more time about her performance referencing the 9-11 attacks, I think I would have to legdrop her. Damn, she must've said it like 5 times. :scream:

Lennon at the grammys! Wow! :ohmy:

It's fun seeing the moments from my childhood and the ones I missed like Lennon for example. But I'm not looking forward to seeing McCartney with JayZ and Linkin Park. :|

They're gonna show the BD performance. I wish they would show the Zooropa acceptance speech but it's not gonna happen. :scream:

Wow, that was horrible :| ---Linkin Park, Jy Z and Macca

Thank God that Menudo kid came right after to keep me from changing the channel :yikes:

Last edited:
I love shows like this! Loved seeing Aretha singing opera - I looked for that on YouTube a while back, but no luck.

:lol: at Babs Streisand's 70s perm.

Didn't Bono say F___ brilliant at the Golden Globes and F____ up the mainstream at a different award show in the '90's?

Fuckin' brilliant was the Golden Globes, and Fuck up the mainstream was when they won a Grammy for best alternative album.

Beautiful Day. Can't remember exactly what spot, but around #12-8 sounds right. The same clip was also the intro to the whole special.

They were #10 and they played a recent interview with Bono and Edge over the performance. Bono shadeless again, and Edge looking at a sheet of paper the whole time. :hmm:

Nooooo... I was talking about the interview... sorry I wasn't clear. I don't know what Edge was looking at... Bono did all the talking.

bonocomet said:
They were #10 and they played a recent interview with Bono and Edge over the performance. Bono shadeless again, and Edge looking at a sheet of paper the whole time. :hmm:

:laugh:

uh, ok, why is Green Day's American Idiot performance #1??????????????? WTF? how on earth do you come to that conclusion? How disappointing...:shame:

Well, it did have a lot of energy. I'm not a big Greenday fan or anything but I guess there could have been worse performances. I think it's hard to call a single performance THE greatest moment though... there are so many different types of performances to consider. :shrug:
They kept mentioning that these were the performances "you" chose... I guess there was a peoples choice sort of poll ?

I just realized that I have that American Idiot performance on tape. :laugh: And also U2's Sometimes performance. They were both from the '05 Grammys.

IMHO, SYCMIOYO was a greater performance than Beautiful Day. That said, I thought it was a blast that Green Day got #. I was so expecting a more mainstream performer to take the spot.

Well... Green Day is pretty mainstream! :lol: But I think I know what you mean. I was expecting more of a typical grammy "diva" type performance to take the #1 spot. ;)

Back
Top Bottom