110 million sold records!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
a german fan put these numbers together. Pretty impressive!

Boy (4,0 million)
October (3,0 million)
War (7,0 million)
Under A Blood Red Sky (7,0 million)
The Unforgettable Fire (5,0 million)
Wide Awake In America (2,5 million)
The Joshua Tree (18,0 million)
Rattle and Hum (13,0 million)
Achtung Baby (13,0 million)
Zooropa (9,0 million)
Pop (8,0 million)
The Best of 80-90 (12,0 million)
All That You Can't Leave Behind (11,0 million)

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by AM:
a german fan put these numbers together. Pretty impressive!

Boy (4,0 million)
October (3,0 million)
War (7,0 million)
Under A Blood Red Sky (7,0 million)
The Unforgettable Fire (5,0 million)
Wide Awake In America (2,5 million)
The Joshua Tree (18,0 million)
Rattle and Hum (13,0 million)
Achtung Baby (13,0 million)
Zooropa (9,0 million)
Pop (8,0 million)
The Best of 80-90 (12,0 million)
All That You Can't Leave Behind (11,0 million)

Some of these numbers are definitely high. If this were posted in the "Peeling off the Dollar Bills" forum, I know you would get argument from STING2 as well as others (like me). "Zooropa" and "POP," for example, are closer to 6 million, not 8-9 million. And I might put R&H closer to 10 million. Plus, this fan failed to provide any sources, which is crucial for providing any statistical data.

Overall, though, this estimate isn't too bad and it is now clear that U2 have sold over 100 million albums worldwide - which is a VERY impressive feat.
biggrin.gif

doctorwho said:

Some of these numbers are definitely high. If this were posted in the "Peeling off the Dollar Bills" forum, I know you would get argument from STING2 as well as others (like me). "Zooropa" and "POP," for example, are closer to 6 million, not 8-9 million. And I might put R&H closer to 10 million. Plus, this fan failed to provide any sources, which is crucial for providing any statistical data.

Overall, though, this estimate isn't too bad and it is now clear that U2 have sold over 100 million albums worldwide - which is a VERY impressive feat.
biggrin.gif

Yes, some of those numbers are a bit high, although I've seen higher numbers for JT (in the vicinity of 20 mil, but that's probably high). But you're right, over 100 million is pretty darned impressive.

Back
Top Bottom