11 years later I finally find again my favourite U2 pic of all time! I just love it!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voxson

The Fly
11 years ago, when The Fly video has first come out, I had immediately fallen in love with that scene. Back then, digital technology was not a fact for most so I had to use some of my imagination. I had recorded The Fly video with the VCR, I found my favourite scene, I pressed the Pause button and I took a picture of the screen with my Polaroid! That photo sat on my desk for a long time.

Now with digital technology all I had to do was download the video and do a screen capture. And here it is, my favourite U2 picture of all time, from The Fly video. It's the band playing, Bono looking at the cam in an amazing way, the camera being at a tilted position, and all this presented in bluish colors. I just love this picture.

Here it is, the new pic in my signature :yes:

Great picture indeed voxson ;) I?d go further saying that any scene from The Fly video is great. I love especially that quick close up on Edge and his green eyes. And also Bono?s sly and mischevious smile towards the end of the video. :)

hey, you?re from Greece uh? One of my dreams is to visit your country...before I died, cause I?m stuck here, LOL

:p

It was both the video and song of "The Fly" that got me into U2. I love the part where he's walking on top of the roof. Great video - reminds me of the "love is blindness" video.

- The Zoocifer -

follower said:
I love especially that quick close up on Edge and his green eyes.

You must mean this one!

the_fly12.jpg

And since I couldn't resist, let me post some others of my favourite pictures from the clip: :yes:

the_fly1.jpg

the_fly10.jpg

the_fly9.jpg

the_fly.jpg

the_fly3.jpg

the_fly4.jpg

the_fly5.jpg

the_fly6.jpg

the_fly7.jpg

Anybody else has any other favourite?

follower said:

hey, you?re from Greece uh? One of my dreams is to visit your country...before I died, cause I?m stuck here

We'd love to have you here! Yeah, I think you should visit us, too. You might love us or you might hate us, but your visit certainly will have an effect on you :ohmy:

No, actually I think you're gonna like it here :p

By the way, good luck to Brazil at the semi-final tomorrow!

you're having fun there aren't you ?
Good!
So am I....looking at the pics you've posted.
It was fun to open this thread, thinking which, of all the many many many fine pics of U2, might be your favourite? Nice one:)

cass said:
It was fun to open this thread, thinking which, of all the many many many fine pics of U2, might be your favourite?

If you really think about it, there are virtually ENDLESS pics to choose from. Even the most loyal fan with the greatest collection of pictures has not even seen half of the available pictures.

What's important though is that to understand that there are two categories of pictures. The classic ones, which have appeared in albums sleeves, official material, videos, or have been widely used as promotion material. These are widely known and it's fun talking about them since most of the fans have seen them.

And then there are unofficial photos or even official ones not widely used etc where there is a big chaos since they are so many and not well known. They are hard to talk about because not everybody knows about them. So, I just like to talk about the classic ones! :p

Back
Top Bottom