11 O'Clock Tick Tock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2elevatejo

The Fly
I've just bought the 11 O'Clock Tick Tock 7" :)happy:) that was produced by Martin Hannett ala Joy Division.

I'm not sure if like that sound - actually I do like it but only for the single. I wonder what Boy would have sounded like if Hannett had produced the whole album?? :eyebrow:

Alas ...we shall never know!

Jo

i love that single! :D

11 o'clock tick tock is an awesome song. when i'd first heard it, i'd only heard of the version on UABRS. when i got more of a serious U2 fan (and got some spending money and discovered ebay) i bought the single. i heard it and was like :eek: :love: :cute: the b-side isn't too bad either. :wink:

I know what you mean - I love 11 O Clock and Touch but don't think it would have worked on the whole of Boy.

Still can't believe it was left off though... ditto Another Day.:shrug:

I don?t have the single you mentioned Jo, but my fave version is from Irving Plaza, I definitely love it! And I could say something weird happened yesterday between me and 11 O?Clock Tick Tock, LOL

I said here before that I loved that Edge guitar riff in the demo version of E-Storm, during the chorus and I was missing it, the so called single version only has a similar riff in the end so...while driving to work yesterday I felt like a compulsion...I needed to listen to 11 O? Clock Tick Tock, that Edge solo towards the end, know what I mean? So I put my Irving Plaza tape on and listened to that bit at least 5 times in a row, LOL...It takes me only 5 minutes driving to work, so I couldn?t listen more, but it worked. That and dozen times listening to the single version of E-Storm and I don?t miss that riff anymore. :D

One more of follower?s silly stories ;)

Back
Top Bottom