11 'O Clock Tick Tock is THE WORST U2 song..... Worse than Refugee... Read why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard the da da da part of Red Light is the mating call of the puffin....:wink:

just thought i would throw that out there...

I always heard it as "wa--waaaar," since it's a song called "The Refugee" on an album called War.

And I kind of like the song too.

Cheryl Poirier, Adriana Kaegi, Taryn Hagey, Jessica Felton get credit in the liner notes for vocals on both "Refugee" and "Red Light." It really doesn't sound like there are any female voices on "The Refugee," but I guess there are?

typhoon said:
Cheryl Poirier, Adriana Kaegi, Taryn Hagey, Jessica Felton get credit in the liner notes for vocals on both "Refugee" and "Red Light." It really doesn't sound like there are any female voices on "The Refugee," but I guess there are?

Or maybe a mistake? I mean, they always seem to stuff up the song lyrics, why not something else too? :|

Zooropa1310 said:
Hey Axver, I've never heard a studio version of 11OTT...... Is there such thing? And if so, have it?

Yes, there is such a thing, it was released as a single in late May 1980. I also think it's the weakest version of 11OTT in existence.

Oh, and an extended version appears as a b-side on some editions of the Pride single.

typhoon said:

nah, it's not there.

maybe they did them and didn't make the final mix/cut, but they aren't on the album.

The crediting is no big deal back in 83, probably an error.
Now, I'd guess a firm Irish drunk hand on these issues.

Back
Top Bottom