10 years today: ZOOTV SYDNEY - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2003, 06:21 AM   #1
Jim
Refugee

Local Time: 05:20 AM
10 years today: ZOOTV SYDNEY

I am still getting over the fact that Red Rocks was 20 years ago..!

The Zooropa tour doesn't feel like 10 years ago..

*ENTER GETTING OLD COMMENTS HERE*

Old 11-27-2003, 06:27 AM   #2
Jesus Online

Local Time: 03:20 PM
it is too.

How often can you say you know what you were doing 10 years ago to the hour precisely eh?

I feel old now. It definately doesn't seem like 10 years....Sheesh....

Old 11-27-2003, 06:38 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

zoomerang was officially all over about this time 10 years ago......
Old 11-27-2003, 07:06 AM   #4
Jesus Online

Yes, a while over now lol. I can still remember it all, like it was recent. Amazing huh?

Old 11-27-2003, 07:15 AM   #5
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:20 PM
I wish I'd been old enough ... why couldn't I have been born in 1977 instead of 1987?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-27-2003, 07:26 AM   #6
Jim
Refugee

Local Time: 05:20 AM
Axver I felt the same about the Joshua Tree tour..! My brother who was a huge U2 fan and at the age of 16 in 1987 had bought a ticket to the JT concert at Wembley (taking place in July) 6 months in advance. He was always in trouble in those days and as punishment my mother took away his ticket (cruel I know)..she had always intended to give it back to him but when she dug it out and gave it him months later they looked at it and.....the concert was the previous day!! He was gutted....still he got to see them at home in Cardiff the following week so it wasn't SUCH a huge blow!!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:10 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Re: 10 years today: ZOOTV SYDNEY

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
I am still getting over the fact that Red Rocks was 20 years ago..!

The Zooropa tour doesn't feel like 10 years ago..

*ENTER GETTING OLD COMMENTS HERE*
Me too! It doesn't seem like that long, what glorious days!

I love them both so much! When I have more time (when Thanksgiving dinner is over!) I'll post some pics of both!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:57 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Watching that concert now. I could only remember the date it was played because of Bono's Handycam filming. Plus it's a day before my friend's birthday.

Zoo TV really was an absolutley fantastic tour. Every bit of concert footage i've seen, bootlegs I've heard are absolutley amazing. Only thing missing from every concert on that tour was ACROBAT one of U2's biggest mistakes, in MY opinion, is to never play that song live! Ultraviolet is a definite live fave for me though!

You can get the Zoo TV Sydney concert complete with missing 'Trying to throw your arms...' (with what sounds like more Handycam antics) at u2rome.com
Old 11-27-2003, 01:13 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I can still picture the day I saw the bus, jam-packed with U2 fans leaving the depot in Grafton , headed for the JT concert in Brisbane. I had a new-born baby in a pram and I felt like running down the street after the bus, pram and all.."Let Me On!!" I gave them a wave and a peace sign instead.
I can still recall having baby-sitter organised, in the car with girlfriends on the way to see a local band the night before Zoo Tv in Sydney. We got to the intersection with the highway...turn left 8 hour drive...Sydney...U2!! Turn right...Grafton. I was pleading with the girls...."turn left turn left, let's go AWOL..it's U2!!"
I'm sure U2 woulda just loved me turning up and trying to climb over the wall into their concert...sans ticket. Oh the memories.

The woman who does the entertainment pages for our local newspaper is a BIG U2 fan. I kept her published review of the Sydney show...the page is all yellow now.

Showbiz-Friday, December 3rd 1993.
"U2 lived up to billing as a great rockband"

"It was like sitting inside a sort of spacecraft, 50 000 of us waiting for our leaders to arrive.
The moon glowed over the stadium and the cool wind blew just enough to be comfortable.
The anxiety was showing. Mexican waves, shouting, cheering, clapping, banging on anything tied down. The place was electric.
The fact that arguably the greatest rock and roll band of our time was about to walk on stage was enough to turn the most sedate person into a maniac.......

..Bono emerged like an angel....

...The power of U2 was amazing, sinful in fact...

If you didn't manage to see ZOOTV, you really have missed an experience of any lifetime.."

Old 11-27-2003, 05:18 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by cass
If you didn't manage to see ZOOTV, you really have missed an experience of any lifetime.."

Old 11-28-2003, 01:13 AM   #11
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
Axver I felt the same about the Joshua Tree tour..! My brother who was a huge U2 fan and at the age of 16 in 1987 had bought a ticket to the JT concert at Wembley (taking place in July) 6 months in advance. He was always in trouble in those days and as punishment my mother took away his ticket (cruel I know)..she had always intended to give it back to him but when she dug it out and gave it him months later they looked at it and.....the concert was the previous day!! He was gutted....still he got to see them at home in Cardiff the following week so it wasn't SUCH a huge blow!!
Ouch, that would've been devastating ... at least there was the Cardiff concert, but it still would've been truly awful.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:52 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by cass
"...If you didn't manage to see ZOOTV, you really have missed an experience of any lifetime.."

That's it! Rub it in!
Old 11-28-2003, 05:15 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

we need to go back in time!
Old 11-28-2003, 06:25 AM   #14
Vocal parasite

Yes, yes we do! Someone hurry up and invent a time-travel machine. We need ZooTV!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-28-2003, 12:25 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Egads, ten years.........what a show!!