10 years since Sarajevo concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vivaSA

War Child
Ten years have passed, unbelievable.

soldier1.jpg

2.jpg

338623232327Ffp64ot233699474XROQDF2.jpg

last unicorn said:
I don't know, I don't think I want to be in bombed Sarajevo, U2 or not.
:huh:

Sorry, but that is somewhat ignorant to say.

When U2 had the concert, 2 years have passed since the war has ended. Sarajevo is recovering from the atrocities very well, with many international cultural happenings occuring in it (like the film festival, for example). The town is getting to its feet very admirably and it is perfectly safe there for an average concert-goer.

I understand what you're saying, I don't live that far away from Sarajevo, I know the war was over and all, but all I'm saying is that it is not a particularly beautiful sight, I don't think I would have gone there "just" to see a U2 concert, maybe I'm having serious issues but my parents grew up in WW2 and a city destroyed by bombs isn't exactly what I would love to see.

It's good that it's over and people are getting on with their lives and recovering and we all hope that such atrocities never happen again in the midst of Europe.

I'm gonna listen to that show today. I'm looking forward to hear Bono's worn out voice:hyper: Especially during Stand By Me/Many Rivers To Cross...

Back
Top Bottom