10 bands you hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by U2live:
Forgot to add, Robbie Williams has a great singing voice, and he's well worth listening to.

Thank you U2live!!
biggrin.gif
At least someone agrees with me. But at the end of the day there's no point trying to make people like someone. Besides, Lazyboy will start throwing things at me.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

My list:

1. Bon Jovi
2. Creed
3. All rap-metal bands
4. Puff Daddy
5. Jennifer Lopez
6. Britney Spears
7. Mariah Carey
8. Celine Dion
9. Shania Twain
10. Ricky Martin

Ahh... Hate takes energy, and I don't waste my energy on crap bands. I don't invest the mental brainpower necessary to care enough about them to hate them.

Although... Loverboy really, really, really sucks.

Originally posted by U2girl:
I wasn't going for insulting anyone who likes Marilyn Manson (hey, my older brother is a fan), all i meant was i don't understand what's so great about him.

Marilyn Manson's actually got a message, part from a lot of bands today. Some of his lyrics are very good. I like the fact that he's a "freak" and controversial. There's a lot of strange rumours surrounding him, and I dunno what's true and not true. I may not agree with everything he does but I just like the fact that he freaks out conservative christian americans (or whoever he may scare...).

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
Many of you base your hatred of many of these bands on the one thing that you believe made them famous - image.

Scrap away image and here is what you are left with:

* Destiny's Child have both great voices and good tunes and are pretty funky.

I think that DC have a crap image- I mean dressing the same and wearing those awful clothes designed by one of their mothers- oh my, and I think their music is awful......

1. I cant stand any music that is classed as R'n'B, it is all crap, crap, crap

2. Blink 182

3. Mariah Carey

and that is about it really
smile.gif

Originally posted by U2FReAk:
Marilyn Manson's actually got a message, part from a lot of bands today. Some of his lyrics are very good. I like the fact that he's a "freak" and controversial. There's a lot of strange rumours surrounding him, and I dunno what's true and not true. I may not agree with everything he does but I just like the fact that he freaks out conservative christian americans (or whoever he may scare...).

I don't think that he has any message and controversy - it's all marketing, it's all image - if he didn't act like that nobody would know about him...
but, hey, If people like that it's cool
and, generaly, it's stupid to diss someone for liking a band that you think sucks...

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

1) Dave Matthews Band
2) Rap of any kind
3) Britney Spears
4) Backstreet Boys
5) NSync
6) Garth Brooks
7) Michael Jackson (his '70s and '80s are OK, but now he's freaky lol)

Can't think of anymore right now....oh yes - someone said Candian band Wave...I live in the US near the border and I hear that damn band way too much on the Canadian stations....:p haha

Originally posted by Marko:

generaly, it's stupid to diss someone for liking a band that you think sucks...

I agree totally, although I have found that the sort of music a person enjoys listening to is often very telling about that persons personality, beliefs, etc.

Originally posted by babble:
I agree totally, although I have found that the sort of music a person enjoys listening to is often very telling about that persons personality, beliefs, etc.

That is sometimes corect. BUT the people who listen to pop bands, teenpop and stuff like that listen to it just for fun, so it can't be an indication of their character or mind. I don't like when someone judge other people by their taste in music, some people only want fun and excitement, and for ideas, morals they look at other places - movies, books, parents, society, or they don't look for it at all...

------------------
"Everyone loves me

Originally posted by U2live:
Anyway, another great surprise if you go to the BBC is hearing Kate Winslet sing. Yes the Titantic star can actually sing, and her song is really good.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 12-23-2001).]

shes usually better at her films

which she er... undresses in *just about* all of them

what is it with me and redheads?

in random order

1. nsync
2. backstreet boys
3. o-town
4. creed
5. dave matthews band
6. train
7. matchbox 20 (don't yell at me for this! they're too pop-ey!)
8. destiny's child
9. third eye blind
10. limp bizkit

...and there are more. but i'll stop at 10.

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

Originally posted by LuvLady:
Thank you U2live!!
biggrin.gif
At least someone agrees with me. But at the end of the day there's no point trying to make people like someone. Besides, Lazyboy will start throwing things at me.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

tongue.gif
How about I throw some SENSE at ya?!?!
He's crap!!!!!!! CRAP! CRAP!!

Get it???
Grrr!

wink.gif

Well, at least yer hated bands are really crap, that makes up for some of the Robbie love!

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
LLLIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRrrrr!!!!!!!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Hey! Shaaaaaaddap!

frown.gif

I'm tryin ok??? I'm tryin to be normal for gawwwwds sake! I even threw out all the tapes! And the posters of Ronan! You don't understand!! His grunt.......its so......mesmerising....like his ability to sing outta his nose......it's.....amazing!
eek.gif

But how many people would still listen to him if it wasn't for the freaky image? Or the controversy?

A lot less, right?

ps: I said i am not into insulting anyone who likes Marilyn Manson (or any band/artist in my list, for that matter).

If you like them, that's all right-don't let me stop you. I'm just saying i dislike them ("hate" is too strong of a word).
Those two things don't exclude each other.

pps: I have CDs by some critisized bands/artists here - Boyzone (greatest hits), Robbie Williams and Coldplay. And it doesn't bother me one bit that other people don't like them.
smile.gif
It's all a matter of taste.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-27-2001).]

Originally posted by babble:

Why is that? How can you assume anything by a person's music taste?

But how many people would still listen to him if it wasn't for the freaky image? Or the controversy?

A lot less, right?

ps: I said i am not into insulting anyone who likes Marilyn Manson (or any band/artist in my list, for that matter).

If you like them, that's all right-don't let me stop you. I'm just saying i dislike them ("hate" is too strong of a word).
Those two things don't exclude each other.

pps: I have CDs by some critisized bands/artists here - Boyzone (greatest hits), Robbie Williams and Coldplay. And it doesn't bother me one bit that other people don't like them.
smile.gif

Please. I don't see the problem? What's wrong with an image? If it's got a purpose of course. And he/them(it's a band afterall...) does. Sometimes it goes a bit overboard I agree but most of the time I don't see anything negative about him being as controversial as he is...

Personally, I find Boyzone to be much bigger freaks than him. THEY scare me, and so do all the other boybands. They're 100 times fakier (word??) than Marilyn Manson.

Forgot this one...
well probably a lot of people would. Just because you haven't realized what he is all about doesn't mean his fans havent.

In no particular order....

1. Backstreet Boys
2. NSync
3. Linkin Park
4. Britney Spears
5. Christina Aguilera
6. Limp Bizkit
7. Mariah Carey
8. Eminem (*ANY* rap music for that matter)
9. Marilyn Manson
10. Nine Inch Nails

Moonie
smile.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

smile.gif

Don't you ever again put Coldplay in the same sentance or group with Boyzone. EVER!!! Or I will personaly come to your house and tie you to a chair for months during which I'll be playing you one song by boyzone and then one song from Coldplay so you can tell the diference.
Coldplay are great, great, great, and critics LOVE them, and so do I...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Everyone loves me

Forgot this one...
well probably a lot of people would. Just because you haven't realized what he is all about doesn't mean his fans havent.

LOL - that's right, his fans are the "erlighten" ones, and people who aren't are dorks because they don't "get him".

Why does this have to be "us" against "them"?!?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-28-2001).]

Originally posted by Marko:
Don't you ever again put Coldplay in the same sentance or group with Boyzone. EVER!!! Or I will personaly come to your house and tie you to a chair for months during which I'll be playing you one song by boyzone and then one song from Coldplay so you can tell the diference.
Coldplay are great, great, great, and critics LOVE them, and so do I...
biggrin.gif

Did it ever occur to you it's possible to like the music of a boyband and a regular band? I like each of them in their own way.

Shock horror...
rolleyes.gif

ps: I never said anything about who's better anyway...what's up with that? How do you compare a pop/rock band with a boyband?

LOL - that's right, his fans are the "erlighten" ones, and people who aren't are dorks because they don't "get him".

Why does this have to be "us" against "them"?!?

well if I recall correctly you were the one who said "I can't believe anyone who is over 15 can listen to this freak" or something along those lines...
rolleyes.gif

Since you started it yourself, how come you've suddenly changed your point of view?

well if I recall correctly you were the one who said "I can't believe anyone who is over 15 can listen to this freak" or something along those lines...
rolleyes.gif

Since you started it yourself, how come you've suddenly changed your point of view?

No, i said "it's beyond me how anyone over 15 can seriously like any of the above". (meaning i don't see how come people like them)

Which is less harmful than saying "just because you don't understand what he's about, doesn't mean there are plenty of fans who do" or "don't insult me if you dislike MM" (that's what HelloAngel said).

I still stand by that. What do you mean i changed my point of view?!?

And i didn't start anything, you and HelloAngel jumped all over me when i said i disliked Marilyn Manson.

No, i said "it's beyond me how anyone over 15 can seriously like any of the above".

Which is less harmful than saying "just because you don't understand what he's about, doesn't mean there are plenty of fans who do" or "don't insult me if you dislike MM" (that's what HelloAngel said).

I still stand by that. What do you mean i changed my point of view?!?

And i didn't start anything, you and HelloAngel jumped all over me when i said i disliked Marilyn Manson.

EHM? How is it less harmful...? Maybe to you, but not to me. for f*cks sake, what a stupid discussion we're having... but I can't see how it's less harmful? I think it's about equal... the same thing really. First, you basically said MM-fans are naive and don't understand better... then, I responded to it because I was offended, by saying that you didn't get his message. Let's end this discussion, it's just stupid. But please, don't act like an innocent little angel 'cause it's just pathetic.

EHM? How is it less harmful...? Maybe to you, but not to me. for f*cks sake, what a stupid discussion we're having... but I can't see how it's less harmful? I think it's about equal... the same thing really.
agreed
end of discussion

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

EHM? How is it less harmful...? Maybe to you, but not to me. for f*cks sake, what a stupid discussion we're having... but I can't see how it's less harmful? I think it's about equal... the same thing really. First, you basically said MM-fans are naive and don't understand better... then, I responded to it because I was offended, by saying that you didn't get his message. Let's end this discussion, it's just stupid. But please, don't act like an innocent little angel 'cause it's just pathetic.

How does my initial post imply MM fans are naive and don't understand better? I never said that.

Sorry if it came across that way to you.

Even if that was the case, how is that equal to your answer, which was suggesting people who aren't MM fans (me) are stupid and don't understand him?

And explain that last sentence of your post. What are you talking about?!?

ps: Fine. Discussion over. If you have anything further, my email is msvagelj@yahoo.co.uk

How does my initial post imply MM fans are naive and don't understand better? I never said that.

Sorry if it came across that way to you.

Even if that was the case, how is that equal to your answer, which was suggesting people who aren't MM fans (me) are stupid and don't understand him?

And explain that last sentence of your post. What are you talking about?!?

ps: Fine. Discussion over. If you have anything further, my email is msvagelj@yahoo.co.uk

Ouch

CK

Back
Top Bottom