The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muh2o

Acrobat
What a night.

NYC

16 hour camp-out

front row

post 9/11

this one had everything

I loved it when Bono turned to the band and pumped his fist after "Elevation". He knew they nailed it. Of the 5 shows I attended that tour, it was the first one where the crowd was louder than Bono singing the song. the arena just simply erupted when the band jumped into "Elevation".

The marriage proposal in the middle of the show

the NYC firefighters joining the band onstage, parading with Bono around the heart. The true heroes, and crowd let them know it.

And just when you thought the show was over, they pick up their intruments and end the show with "Out of Control" - I believe only the second time they did that the whole tour. It was fun watching some of the firefighters dance around the stage. Bono turns and points to one of them and shouts "Out of Control!". That guy couldn't dance to save his own life, but it was a lot of fun to watch.

Unbelievable night. Unbelievable memories. I can't believe it was a year ago today.

i flew from ireland especially to see this show
great crowd interaction.

highlights for me included bad, and the snippet of when will i c u again.

New york was by far and away the most emotional song i have ever heard.Bono changed a lot of the lyrics.
Very long version of Walk On as well, surely the longest on the tour.

OOC was a nice surprise but didnt have the power it had at slane 2.

all in all i guess it would have to rank as the greatest u2 show i was ever at

10-27-97

popmart. skydome. first U2 show. b stage front row tickets. great nite.

October 27, 2001.

Final NYC U2 Elevation show. 9/11 still in the air. This was my last and personal favorite show of the Elevation tour.

Flashback...

The U2 NYC group. Lots of glowsticks - neon on fire.

I even got tickets for 2 co-workers for their first U2 show on that night. They still talk to me about that being the single greatest concert they have ever witnessed.

Matt and I walk in as the last two for the heart, after arriving at 7:30!

On the rail inside of the heart, near the back.

Until the End of the World - The bullfight - The Edge in the Yankees shirt, Bono charging 2 feet away.

I Will Follow - Matt, me, sharky - the bridge - "ring those bells, Edge, make those bells ring - wrote a love song...on two strings." , I pump my fist to the Clayton bass, as I had done so many times before in my room with the stereo blasting it. Bono, just looks at me and my lit up fist and says, right into the mic, "that was good". My piece of U2 lore. "20 years ago we walked down these streets, same melodies, same beats. You have changed us."

SBS - the American flag. Wipe your tears away. the two-three clap. Get up stand up.

Kite, Angel of Harlem.

Please - Acoustic with keyboards. Bitter lyrical irony ringing in your ear. "You never knew what was on the ground, till they made you crawl." "Your holy war, your sermon on the mount".
"September....streets capsizing..."

Bad, 40, into Streets - brilliant. amazing. timeless.

ISHWILF and Pride, the old war horse.

U2NYC saying hello across the arena with the sticks during the break.

out of the darkness, Bullet - just plain wicked. The 1-2 clap. "Through the walls, we hear the city moan".

What's Going On?

New York - us, right behind Bono with the transparent curtain draped down. Lyric changes all over the place. "Are you okay baby, not staying alone? Come September a lot can change, summer's love turns into winter's pain."

One, PoE, Walk On - classic. The firefighters on stage with the flags.

Out of Control, dancing heroes, and the moving remembrance speeches for the lost brothers. Never forget.

We just knew that all of the shows of the October (post 9-11) NYC 3 night stand would stand for all time in U2 lore. We were right.

AJ

I have this show on video. It brought me to tears the 1st time I watched it. So intense, so emotional.....just amazing~

Hawk269 said:

I Will Follow - Matt, me, sharky - the bridge - "ring those bells, Edge, make those bells ring - wrote a love song...on two strings." , I pump my fist to the Clayton bass, as I had done so many times before in my room with the stereo blasting it. Bono, just looks at me and my lit up fist and says, right into the mic, "that was good". My piece of U2 lore. "20 years ago we walked down these streets, same melodies, same beats. You have changed us."

Was listening to this today and forgot that part was coming up -- and of course, flipped out when it did again. That was so much fun. [am now listening to "Walk On" when you can hear the crowd's cheer increase when our FDNY, NYPD and PAPD guys came out].

That show was the best concert I have ever been to.
Ever. I have never heard a crowd as loud as that, especially when the band brought the firefighters and cops out on stage. And you could tell the band felt like one of the guys up there -- having fun and making jokes with the firefighters.

For those of you who aren't from NYC, I don't know if you can ever understand how hard it was for us to live through those six weeks after what we had gone through [and how hard it was was after that]. The band didn't cancel on us, they didn't give up on us when most people were afraid to come to the city, and they gave us a reason to remember what it was like to be happy and have fun and celebrate life and the city we lived in. That show was more powerful than four guys on a stage and New Yorkers were lucky to have those shows at a time when we most needed them.

Wow! I've had this concert forever and traded it out a whole bunch, but never *really* listened to it (only half-heartedly). This will definately be on my list of must-listen-to-concerts for next week!

Back
Top Bottom