1-Year reunion of the ATYCLB Virgins.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
well i thought about not listening to the clips, once i saw they were out there. it took me less than one day to give it up, lol.

i gave in and listened to it-and i'm not sorry! i'd do it again.

ps: JS, why don't you respond to the , "anus" thread?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"touch me, take me to that other place,
teach me, love, i know i'm not a hopeless case" - Beautiful day

"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

"and you can find your own way out"-Acrobat

*sniff* such memories! I was one of the "fallen"
wink.gif
I remember it so well--I was in chat, and everyone was talking about how great they were... and for some reason I suddenly grew very weak. river slowly began to offer them to me, one by one, from his Napster collection. Remember that sula? I believe you were there at the moment. It was so funny, I'd listen to them at full blast and then give my report
biggrin.gif

I loved each second of it... hmmmm--I think I'd listen if the next album was leaked. May as well save myself the time and fall from the start
wink.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

Thanks sula.
smile.gif
Yeah, I've been kurking lately, it seems like very very few topics interest me enough to evern make a smart remark anymore. It's just been 'Blah, blah, Slane, blah, blah, blah, VMA, blah, blah, blah, Hey look at me because I can write a dumber thread than you' kind of stuff.

And I suppose I can excuse your sluty behavior concerning when/where you listened to the album...since it was on a beach, that's sooo romantic!
smile.gif
I'd love to do 'it' there as well, the best place I've done 'it' (Listened to it
wink.gif
) is the the Sierra Del Mardre mountians in north-central mexico. It was near Copper Canyon, the world's largest canyon.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 09-02-2001).]

I waited for ATYCLB. I hadn't even listened to BD yet!!

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

I heard the acoustic version of TGBHF before the album was released, but stopped there.
I actually owned the CD for several days before I listened to it, waiting for the right moment. I wanted the "first time" to be special....and it was.It even hurt a little bit(POE) and I cried afterwards because the experience was so beautiful. U2 did not disappoint
biggrin.gif

**cass helps herself to the banquet**
Cheers JS

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 09-02-2001).]

Yeah, bebester, I remember your downfall quite well. It was pretty funny...your ecstatic reactions!
biggrin.gif
Ahh the old days.

Johnny...lmao at "doing 'it' on a beach". *ahem* Be good.
wink.gif

-sula

I was one that waited. The only thing on the album that I had heard was Beautiful Day, and that was on VH1.

Call me old fashioned, but there's a certan satisfaction that I get out of the rush of ripping open the CD packaging and listening to the album front to back for the first time while reading the liner notes. I just don't get the same thrill out of downloads. That was the first album that I waited and and waited and WAITED for what it seems like an eternity...and every minute of the wait was worth it.
smile.gif

Ah, the memories. Hard to believe it's been almost a year ... but at the same time it seems like much longer, too. The first time I heard it was in my dorm room, but since then I've also done it
wink.gif
in Berlin and Russia. It's a well-traveled CD, mine is. I don't know if I'd wait for the next one. I think I would, actually. We'll see.

I guess I'm only a 1/4 virgin.
biggrin.gif
I listened to all the clips right away - and had NO guilt doing so (after all, even U2.com was posting them). Of course, doing that loses a little virginity (1/4). Then I downloaded about 1/2 of the full songs (and heard BD on the radio a zillion times), so that's the other 1/2 lost. That only leaves me a 1/4 virgin, which ain't too bad.
wink.gif

If I had to do it all again, I think I'd do it the same way (I wrote "do it" - heh, heh). I felt I was teased with the clips and partially satiated with the full-song downloads, but I still left something for me to experience when I bought the album, which I promptly purchased on 10/31, staying up late on 10/30 to get the album at a Boston store. Even went to the Boston party at Hard Rock's! So I guess that cleanses me a tiny bit.

Originally posted by kariatari:
Call me old fashioned, but there's a certan satisfaction that I get out of the rush of ripping open the CD packaging and listening to the album front to back for the first time while reading the liner notes

I wrote "Do Not Disturb" on the message board on my dorm room door, locked it, and did what you described when I got ATYCLB...it was so exciting!

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 09-02-2001).]

I went to Best Buy at 10am with about 20 other people and waited on them to unlock the doors. I ripped frantically until I finally got the shit(e) labels off and drove home in pure bliss, oblivious to traffic signals and pedistrians. I have no other memory of that day.

It is hard to believe that it has been a year since the release of ATYBLB. It seems like forever for waiting for this album and honestly i was not disappointed with the
finish product. There is hardy a day that dones not go by that it is not being played on my CD. It was worth the wait.
cool.gif

Though I never commited myself to the "virgin" and "non-virgin" thing, I'd heard Beautiful Day, obviously because it was the first single.But for the rest of the songs I waited till the album was released.I guess I was practising M Scott Peck's delaying of gratification.One thing that I would like to comment here,I hope he takes it in a humorous way, atleast I do it that way.

Michael Griffiths in his usual best gave an eloquent lecture about the merits of waiting and all, I was so very impressed.But in one of the threads he couldn't resist and revealed how great the songs were.
biggrin.gif

------------------
THNIK

LOL. I remember that I downloaded all the clips from here, but then deleted them without even listening to them!!!!
biggrin.gif

Well well my patient friends, has it been that long?

Well I sure have a lot of memories about the war between those of us that waited and those that taunted us. Remember how much everyone hated us? 'Oh you guys are just trying to sound like you're better than us that listened to the clips...you are idiots for not listening to them...blah blah blah!'

People over analyze little things like that, the whole deal was blown WAY out of proportion. None of us ever hinted at being better or more loyal fans for waiting or anything, we just decided to do so. Some people can't stand seeing others practice self-control.
wink.gif

It was my recolection that about 40 or so people signed up and said they would wait to listen to the CD, and I think about 10-15 people made it. Heh heh, quiters.
biggrin.gif

One thing that I've been wondering about is if I would wait for the next album again if it leaked. I'm not sure, but I think I'd listen to it ahead of time since I know what it is like to wait for the CD after it's been leaked.

Oh well, it's good to see you all again. Let's eat, drink and be merry.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Bono "God have mercy, you're a hopeless guitar player! You even make me feel better, you son of a bitch!"

AIM: JuanSwallow

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 09-02-2001).]

oh gawd, I remember that. lol. Well, I was only an ATYCLB half-virgin (if that's possible...lmao) but I am proud to report that my first entire listening experience of the album was on Killiney Beach in front of Bono's house. So I hope that perhaps my sin can be expiated.
wink.gif

%3B%3C%3B77%3A432323%7Ego45%3Enu%3D3234%3E532%3E496%3EWSNRCG%3D32323447387%3B4nu0mrj

-sula

btw, Mr. Swallow it is nice to see you here again.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 09-02-2001).]

aaaahhh, those were the days

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I didn't listen to anything from the album before I bought it (well,except for BD, obviously). The wait made the experience all the better.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom