1 year ago - Baltimore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
1 year ago - Balitmore

What an awesome show that was....
It was a nice autumn day on the east coast. I took my youngest brother to his first concert. I did not tell him I had a ticket for him until a few days before the show and he flipped his lid. It was really sweet. We went with the 2 other people that I go to U2 shows with. GA tickets in hand.

Sometime in the mid afternoon - my brother, my friend and I went to CVS to get elizabeth a drink - as we walked past the back of the arena Bono was standing outside the bus and there was hardly anyone there. Awesome. Then Larry....

Then the show (first row outside of the heart for this one) An awesome version of Out of Control and very emotional in general imo.

What a great day it was for me. Taking my little brother to his first concert (a GA ticket to see U2), he gets to meet Bono and Larry and a great show.

Anyone else there?

wasn't there, but that had to have been quite a rush to see the bus and then Bono and Larry. Baltimore is such a unique city.

i haven't seen these anniversary threads for a while, good to read some enjoyable memories!

I was! Wasn't that a nasty sidewalk? Dirtiest I ever had to lay on! So many people kept asking us what we were doing, some girls made signs that said, 'we're waiting for U2''yes, we are crazy' and stuff like that. I missed meeting the band (as always) I went to get a drink at the McDonald's in the other direction:( But it was a great show and I was glad to be there. I like it when he told the story of him and Ali going to London with the demo for Boy, and he said his father in law was there that night.

I was there! Together my friend and I payed 260 bucks for two tickets, and they weren't Golden Circle or GA, they were in the 'bleeds. But... it's such a small place that we still looked right over Adam's side of the stage and could make out everybody's face. So it was more than awesome. And "Please"... electric, full-band even... :hyper: And "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"... the whole show was unfrigginreal. Also, first time I heard any Pop songs live. It was all in all a really great night.

I was there with my son. We met up with Tony of UF for the second time, DC was the first. It was a miserable GA line but a good show! We were at the outside tip of the heart.

I'm two days late, but what the heck. Baltimore was my first U2 show, ever. I was a casual fan for years, 'til 19 October 2001. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom