Zzyzx (Buy a vowel!), California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:reject: I quite enjoy the Neon Lights cover.

Paint It Black and Fortunate Son both make me cringe a bit though.

Actually, I'm fairly neutral towards Neon Lights. Just I couldn't think of a third cover that I dislike; all that came to mind were ones that are pretty good, like Watchtower and Dancing Barefoot. Though now I'm remembering I don't exactly enjoy Satellite Of Love.

Fortunate Son makes me want to throw up.

Actually, I'm fairly neutral towards Neon Lights. Just I couldn't think of a third cover that I dislike; all that came to mind were ones that are pretty good, like Watchtower and Dancing Barefoot. Though now I'm remembering I don't exactly enjoy Satellite Of Love.

Zoo Station's distorted vocals do NOT work with Creedence Clearwater songs. Period.

Oooh BP update! - Actually a SIDENOTE update!!

:reject: ShIt. Sorry....got distracted by picking up children :uhoh:

I got a card in the mail "To Kim, This note acknowledges the big contribution you have made to **** School during the time you have been involved.

Regards

Staff, pupils, PTA.

Fucking heartwarming isn't it. :lol: Bit of kiss arse do you think? To me if it was genuine it would have been more of a "We're sorry to see you go and thank you very much for your contribution (I did a celebrity cookbook for them that raised a lot of money). Good luck etc etc ".....:giggle:

agreed. dare i say, U2's dancing barefoot is better, but that's only because i'm not a huge patti smith fan. i enjoy both versions of all along the watchtower though. their version of unchained melody isn't bad. i can't think of any other covers they've done that i like :hmm:

:reject: ShIt. Sorry....got distracted by picking up children :uhoh:

I got a card in the mail "To Kim, This note acknowledges the big contribution you have made to **** School during the time you have been involved.

Regards

Staff, pupils, PTA.

Fucking heartwarming isn't it. :lol: Bit of kiss arse do you think? To me if it was genuine it would have been more of a "We're sorry to see you go and thank you very much for your contribution (I did a celebrity cookbook for them that raised a lot of money). Good luck etc etc ".....:giggle:
:lol: nice letter! i can think of a couple letters you could send back to them :hmm:
downsrim.gif

Sure! I used to be a history minor. :wink:

Class act procrastinator. :tsk: Grocery shopping used to be my least favourite thing about living off campus. Public fucking transport for the lose. At least in Newfoundland, that is...maybe it's better where you live. There is nothing quite as awful as standing at an unsheltered bus stop in the middle of a blizzard with ten shopping bags wrapped around your close-to-being-frostbitten arms.

What about my PolSci stuff, can I bludge that onto you too? :wink:

I normally do my grocery shopping in the late afternoon when the trams are running every 5-8 minutes, so it works rather well really! I just hate going when the weather's crappy, since the tram stop at the supermarket has no shelter and I have a five minute uncovered walk from my stop back to my place. Which I realise is nothing at all on the level of a blizzard, but ... this is Australia and you get damn used to drought after a while!

I demand more info. If only due to the hour of Larry bashing Axver and I did about twelve hours ago.

It's a future cartoon idea I have. Here's the plot outline:

Larry stays behind on his laptop while the rest of the band goes to see a movie about a potato voiced by Bill Murray who gets rolled down a hill and embarks on an epic journey back to the top of the hill. The movie runs extremely long (this is an EPIC journey after all), so he takes the extra time to search interference. While there, he comes across the Desert Island V game thread and decides to sign up, hyping up his list along the way, without even having made one.

Meanwhile, a group of U2 fans are hatching a plan in the PLEBA section to break into Hannover Quay and steal the band's working tapes. The movie ends up being literally weeks long, with Bill Murray taking the movie theater crowd captive until the film is over. Edge is the only one who enjoys it, as he attempts to actually focus on the artistic side of such bloat instead of trying to escape.

Elsewhere, Larry is the only one watching over the studio and is so preoccupied by the Desert Island game that he does not notice the PLEBAns, nor Bono's multiple calls for help. By the time the film does eventually end (which it does via a cliffhanger due to lack of film; the potato never reaches the top of the hill, which Murray claims is "heartbreakingly symbolic and poignant"), Larry had already lost all four of his matches, taking much verbal abuse in the process, and is so distraught that he can't continue on with the recording sessions and goes off to a real desert island to find out why he loves the material he chose so much in the first place.

And here's the list Ax and I came up with for him to enter:

larrydesertislandlistin2.jpg

agreed. dare i say, U2's dancing barefoot is better, but that's only because i'm not a huge patti smith fan. i enjoy both versions of all along the watchtower though. their version of unchained melody isn't bad. i can't think of any other covers they've done that i like :hmm:

Yeah, U2 owned Dancing Barefoot and made it their own. As for Watchtower, I hate it on RAH, but I think the Lovetown versions are the best I've heard of that song.

I'm not so keen on Unchained Melody really, but Everlasting Love isn't bad.

:der: they play the weirdest songs at baseball games, i swear. though, i've never been to any other kind of games.
They play weird shit at basketball games, too. I've heard "With or Without You" a few times. :slant:

:lol: nice letter! i can think of a couple letters you could send back to them :hmm:
downsrim.gif

:lol:

Oh and there was an itsy bitsy notepad that had "With thanks from **** School on the front. I told my friend that I really need a pad 10 times the side of that to write my letters to the school on!! Dumb bastards!

what's up? :flirt:

I'm exhausted. :sigh: Freight shipments suck. I'm actually going to fake a migraine tomorrow, just in case work calls for me to do a shift. I'd rather ram a fork down my throat than fold hundreds of size 14+ shirts.

It's a future cartoon idea I have. Here's the plot outline:

And here's the list Ax and I came up with for him to enter:

larrydesertislandlistin2.jpg
He rickroll'd DI V? Ha! What gets me is the Wiggles tune! :lmao:

That is epic win, LM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom