Zzyzx (Buy a vowel!), California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit, I got way emotionally involved last season, but that was because

1) I was still riding the Colts Superbowl high (I hate the Bears, and the Colts are my second favorite team, since I Was never going to get to see the Packs take them on in the SB this was the next best thing)
2) It looked like I was going to see a Colts/Packs superbowl, and I was f'ing excited
3) It was just the first time in a while I'd been THAT excited about the Packers, and it all came shattering down

:lol: Yeah...:coocoo:

I'm still pissed off that the Skins did just enough to lose to you guys last year. That was really, really lame. :grumpy:

Our season was even more frustrating than yours. Hot right out of the gate, only to flame out midway through the season. Then Sean Taylor died. Then we somehow managed to smack around our last 4 opponents and squeak into the playoffs, only to embarrass ourselves in Seattle. :(

I'm still pissed off that the Skins did just enough to lose to you guys last year. That was really, really lame. :grumpy:

Our season was even more frustrating than yours. Hot right out of the gate, only to flame out midway through the season. Then Sean Taylor died. Then we somehow managed to smack around our last 4 opponents and squeak into the playoffs, only to embarrass ourselves in Seattle. :(

Wow that's awful, for all the suck, you guys still pulled out a fairly great year though, always remember that. And ending strongly like that can only make you at least a LITTLE optimistic for next year, no?

Wow that's awful, for all the suck, you guys still pulled out a fairly great year though, always remember that. And ending strongly like that can only make you at least a LITTLE optimistic for next year, no?

Well, now we have a new head coach, all 22 starters from last season, and 3 new receivers for our rather new QB. I'm pumped.

I'm excited for you guys, because I'm curious about Aaron Rodgers.

Well, now we have a new head coach, all 22 starters from last season, and 3 new receivers for our rather new QB. I'm pumped.

I'm excited for you guys, because I'm curious about Aaron Rodgers.

I'm excited and nervous, because now it's time to see, did I really love the team, or did I just love one of its players. Terrible I know, but still a possibility. I really wanna see what the kid can do though. I just, don't want Brett to make me hate him as well.

For now I'm trying to focus back into baseball, I always lose focus around the All Star game, and the Cubs coming back with a slump didn't help :lol: but sweeping the Brew-Crew is made of all kinds of win.

I didn't realize you were a football fan though elmel.

I'm excited and nervous, because now it's time to see, did I really love the team, or did I just love one of its players. Terrible I know, but still a possibility. I really wanna see what the kid can do though. I just, don't want Brett to make me hate him as well.

For now I'm trying to focus back into baseball, I always lose focus around the All Star game, and the Cubs coming back with a slump didn't help :lol: but sweeping the Brew-Crew is made of all kinds of win.

I didn't realize you were a football fan though elmel.

Cool. I've never been one to just follow players around, but I know people who have done that. Yeah, I've been watching football since I was about 5 or 6. You should've asked, and I would have chatted for hours about it. :lol:

I don't follow baseball, but like to keep up with who's good and who isn't. I know the Nats are shithouse this year.

Oh I'm sure I won't be there right away. That'll give ya some time to warm back up to the kitchen. :sexywink:

:lol:

Actually, I may just be doing some blueberry muffins in the next couple of days since I've some milk I need to use.

Cool. I've never been one to just follow players around, but I know people who have done that. Yeah, I've been watching football since I was about 5 or 6. You should've asked, and I would have chatted for hours about it. :lol:

I don't follow baseball, but like to keep up with who's good and who isn't. I know the Nats are shithouse this every year.

Fix'd :wink:

I think it's more that Brett's been around as long as I can remember, and was the first athlete I was in love with (like heroic like, not the other kind of love, though...he's got beautfiul eyes :p) so I don't know how to react now that he's gone, and there's the whole thing where lately I've kind of been more excited over what the Colts are up to then the Packs. I'm sure all of that will change once I get used to things though.

I'm not as rabid about football as I am about baseball, I'll admit, but I'm assuming since you said you lost to the Packs last year that the 'Skins are an NFC team?

You guys see the guy trying to take me on earlier? He messed with the goddamn Bono.

Fix'd :wink:

I think it's more that Brett's been around as long as I can remember, and was the first athlete I was in love with (like heroic like, not the other kind of love, though...he's got beautfiul eyes :p) so I don't know how to react now that he's gone, and there's the whole thing where lately I've kind of been more excited over what the Colts are up to then the Packs. I'm sure all of that will change once I get used to things though.

I'm not as rabid about football as I am about baseball, I'll admit, but I'm assuming since you said you lost to the Packs last year that the 'Skins are an NFC team?

Favre looks comfortable.............in Wrangler.

Yeah, the Skins are in the same division as the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles. Fuck all three of them in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom