Zzyzx (Buy a vowel!), California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMP, if you're around and no one told you (I really only skimmed the thread) the XBox 360 will cause a ring of destruction in the disc if you move the system in the slightest while it's running. If there's a Game Crazy anywhere near your, or maybe a Game Stop, I'm told that ring can actually be fixed, though they might just act like it can't if they're real jerks.

Doomed how?

Well they stuck him on the cover of the game pretty much to sorta honor his legacy after retirement, but the character's not even going to be in the game. Now all of a sudden Brett's coming out of retirement, and for all I know (I'm a little behind on the news) not even playing for Green Bay.

Well they stuck him on the cover of the game pretty much to sorta honor his legacy after retirement, but the character's not even going to be in the game. Now all of a sudden Brett's coming out of retirement, and for all I know (I'm a little behind on the news) not even playing for Green Bay.

Nah, I think it was because he had a good year last year more so than to honour any kind of legacy. I'm sure the "retirement" didn't hurt, of course.

But Brett ought to know better than to try to come back now - being on the cover of Madden means he's going to have an awful season. I predict a torn ACL in week five after a 2-3 start.

LMP, if you're around and no one told you (I really only skimmed the thread) the XBox 360 will cause a ring of destruction in the disc if you move the system in the slightest while it's running. If there's a Game Crazy anywhere near your, or maybe a Game Stop, I'm told that ring can actually be fixed, though they might just act like it can't if they're real jerks.

Thanks. I didn't get the ring, my gamedisc just has a nice laser burn in one of the inner rings. It's not a Microsoft game, so I can't apply to get a replacement, but it's one of the games that came with the system, so I can get it pretty cheap (Under $20).

And it's HILARIOUS that Madden '09 is pretty much doomed now to have him on the front cover :lmao:

I'm totally buying that game. Partially because of the hilarious Favre scandal, and partially because I don't have a Madden game for the Wii yet.

Thanks. I didn't get the ring, my gamedisc just has a nice laser burn in one of the inner rings. It's not a Microsoft game, so I can't apply to get a replacement, but it's one of the games that came with the system, so I can get it pretty cheap (Under $20).

Oh ok then, like I said I was just skimming, so nevermind :lol:

Though depending on what your work is, I might trade that for some of the household chores I need to do!

End of month/beginning of month accounts (oh and Happy Birthday to all the horses out there!)....fun fun fun.

I also feel a bit seedy. Hope I'm not going to get the kids bug :yikes:

Oh, you want those kinds of suggestions?

... well, too bad, Kim's distracted me with trains. You lose. :tongue:

:rockon: :evil:

I'm totally buying that game. Partially because of the hilarious Favre scandal, and partially because I don't have a Madden game for the Wii yet.

The fact that they unleashed the cover RIGHT around the time that the rumors started was their own fault. If there was the SLIGHTEST hint that farve was going to return, they shouldn't have gone through with it.

On the other hand, now people like you and I are simply going to buy the game for the hilarity value PLUS the football thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom