Zzyzx (Buy a vowel!), California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain has some real brilliance, but a few spots of utter crap. It's worth working through however, Fillmore Jive (I think that's the name of it, "I need to slepp, why won't you let me......") is an incredible song. As is the opening song.

This, I suspect, may be a challenge for you. It's a very good record, but really rough around the edges.

If you fall in love with this record, I have a few follow-up suggestions, however.

Sounds good. The end of August will probably involve a big rush of new music for me before I head to school, so I want to be ready.

:heart: zzyzx :heart:

zzyzx-road-big.jpg

Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain has some real brilliance, but a few spots of utter crap. It's worth working through however, Fillmore Jive (I think that's the name of it, "I need to slepp, why won't you let me......") is an incredible song. As is the opening song.

Look how high I put your precious The Card Cheat and get off me. Just get off! Come on!

I've got to lead the new world.

WOW

Fuckin following London Calling with Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain?

Jesus christ PhillyFan26. You might as well be getting laid today.

CR,CR is the best Pavement album and is probably in my top 20 albums of all-time.

Gold Soundz, Cut your hair, and Range Life...LOOK OUT FOR THESE SONGS. Cover your head. Wear a condom, maybe.

GAF, I'm making up for my parent's mistakes of raising children into good music and doing it all on my own.

Never got into the Pumpkins, really. I just kinda fucking hate Corgan so I think that has something to do with it.

I like some of the songs, and I have a decent amount of respect for them. I mean they are from Chicago. But overall...meh.

Never got into the Pumpkins, really. I just kinda fucking hate Corgan so I think that has something to do with it.

I like some of the songs, and I have a decent amount of respect for them. I mean they are from Chicago. But overall...meh.

They haven't released anything of worth since Pisces Iscariot, but still. The early stuff rocks, Siamese Dream in particular.

I had known who Smashing Pumpkins were for years before, but Guitar Hero got me addicted to Cherub Rock.

Let's just say I can 5 star it on expert now. :wink:

Btw, I had this thread's name ready to be used in case......:angry:

This road is between LA and Las Vegas, just before getting there.......:)

Anchorman is a classic, that's for sure. But I think I prefer Old School.

Old School and Wedding Crashers are probably the two best Rated R comedies of the decade.

I'd put Shaun of the Dead and The 40-Year-Old Virgin higher than those two, but I still enjoy them. Wedding Crashers nearly falls apart in the last half-hour, then gets revived with the Ferrell cameo.

BTW, LMP, I really dug Anchorman. It had a ton of fluff, but it was really surreal and fun. The prank phone calls from across the room were classic.

I always find something new to laugh at in that movie.

DOROTHY MANTOOTH IS A SAINT, YOU HEAR ME?!

Cut Your Hair is one of the catchiest indie tracks of the 90's. I love it.

DI5 for me, bitch.

Be on the lookout for the classic Smashing Pumpkins diss in the third verse of Range Life.

Ha.

Speaking of which, everyone should check out Siamese Dream. That album kicks too much ass; even I was surprised.

One of the best albums of the '90s, in my opinion. "Mayonnaise" is one of their best tracks.

Corgan's a smarmy little shitbag, but I still enjoy their music. I'm talking all of it, up until Zeitgeist, which I even liked upon release.

They haven't released anything of worth since Pisces Iscariot, but still. The early stuff rocks, Siamese Dream in particular.

There's a great album to be made out of material from the MACHINA albums.

Yeah, Cherub Rock is one that I remember being fond of.

"Let me outtttt...LET ME OUUUUUUT."

That and "Geek USA" know how to rock the fuck out. Jimmy Chamberlin is one of the better drummers to come out of the whole grunge craze, I think. The guitarist and bassist were fairly average, but alright.

I just multi-quoted the shit out of this thread.

Hey, I got some of Sonic Youth's whole discography today... I'm excited. "Shadow of a Doubt" is a fucking revelation.

Siamese Dream is one of the top 10 albums of the 90's, easily. :up:

Soma :drool:
Mayonaise :drool:
Cherub Rock :rockon:

Mayonaise was my favorite tune for a long time. But then I realized that Silverfuck rocks the fuck out of life. An amazing amazing tune. Siamese Dream and Gish are both great, but everything else they've put out has bored / annoyed me. I really don't like his voice. Though Jimmy Chamberlain is fucking incredible on drums. Right up there with Bonham and Perkins.

Mayonaise was my favorite tune for a long time. But then I realized that Silverfuck rocks the fuck out of life. An amazing amazing tune. Siamese Dream and Gish are both great, but everything else they've put out has bored / annoyed me. I really don't like his voice. Though Jimmy Chamberlain is fucking incredible on drums. Right up there with Bonham and Perkins.

Have you heard Chamberlin's solo album? It's some pretty tranquil shit right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom