Zootlesque's appreciation/borderline obsession with MJ's Dangerous thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Remember that smell....?

...the smell of teen spirit!

Would anybody like to share memories of the first time they listened to the Nirvana classic? :wink:

Personally, I hated it at first! :reject: Of course I was into a lot of pop at the time.. MJ's Dangerous and stuff. So really, I started appreciating Nirvana, Pearl Jam and the like only later on like the mid-90s. But oh man... when it did hit me, it just blew me away!

:rockon:

I found it hard... it's hard to find, oh well... whatever, nevermind!

I heard it about five years ago. I decided to go outside afterward to make sense of what I heard.

And yes that does sound a bit cheesy/cliche, but it's the truth.

Re: Remember that smell....?

Zootlesque said:
...the smell of teen spirit!

Would anybody like to share memories of the first time they listened to the Nirvana classic? :wink:

Personally, I hated it at first! :reject: Of course I was into a lot of pop at the time.. MJ's Dangerous and stuff. So really, I started appreciating Nirvana, Pearl Jam and the like only later on like the mid-90s. But oh man... when it did hit me, it just blew me away!

:rockon:

I found it hard... it's hard to find, oh well... whatever, nevermind!

whatever zoot suit riot.

i know this was just an excuse for you to bring up dangerous.

keep it in the closet.

:sexywink:

i remember hearing it that summer and going to like, 5 different music stores and no one had ever heard of it. :down:

anyway, thus began my phase of flannel shirts, ripped jeans and doc martens. :drool:

I remember seeing it a lot on MTV at the time. My sister one day asked me if I liked them and for some reason I said, "yes". She acted like she was impressed, so I decided I should buy the album. I either bought it at K-Mart or ShopKO (nothing but high quality shopping in my home town!)

I listened to that album at least once a day for about a year and a half (at least that's how I remember it). I listened to it so much, and I really liked it. That being said, it's the only album of theirs I really like as a whole. Honestly, I personally felt like they were never as good as they were on this album (though they did have a few great moments after that). Unfortunately, I feel like they got a little more credit for things than they deserved just because of Kurt's tragic death. This opinion has kind of soured my opinions on them and their "influence" on music. That being said, I can still put that album in ever few years or so and really enjoy it.

I believe my first thought was, "A mosquito? My libido? The hell? I wonder what the real lyrics are..."

Se7en said:
there's something about you baby that makes me want to give it to you...

:whistle:

That song was in my head when I woke up this morning. :reject: :reject:

In fact I think I'll give that cd a spin right about now

When I first heard this song, all I heard was the glassy guitar in the verses. I remember wondering if it was the new U2 single. As 'Teen Spirit' hit a few weeks before "The Fly" came out. I had been waiting a LONG time for AB to come out, so I was desperate for new U2. So desperate that I initially confused Nirvana for U2. Which is pretty embarrassing since I was a freshman at the University of Washington in Seattle, at the time and had already heard of Nirvana before Nevermind came out.

The fall of 1991 is easily the best time of my life, musically speaking. I remember recording "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "The Fly" off the radio on my little cassette tape and repeating those over and over. Awww, the days before the Internet.

Layton said:

The fall of 1991 is easily the best time of my life, musically speaking. I remember recording "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "The Fly" off the radio on my little cassette tape and repeating those over and over. Awww, the days before the Internet.

:love:

Exactly what I set out to achieve with this thread. Nostalgia for 1991/1992. :heart:

Zootlesque said:

:love:

Exactly what I set out to achieve with this thread. Nostalgia for 1991/1992. :heart:

When I first read the title of the thread I thought you were referring to "That Smell" by Lynyrd Skynyrd (I have no idea how to spell their name). But yeah, 1991 defined my musical tastes in alot of ways.

I remember the first time I heard the song and saw the video over and over! I also remember taking turns listening to it on walkmans in school :drool:

yes I :heart: the 90's

Layton said:

When I first read the title of the thread I thought you were referring to "That Smell" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

:laugh: Yeah, I kinda realized that pretty soon. That's why I'm not very pleased with the title.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'll edit it for you then. :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

I'm not obsessed with MJ!!!!!!!!!!!

:sad:

I'm just obsessed with 1992 nostalgia! :love:

Back
Top Bottom