Zooropa/ passanger style albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnytakeawalk

Refugee
I'm looking for other artists who have similar albums to passangers or zooropa. With those chilled out alternative tracks like lemon, your blue room, slug, numb, babyface etc.

I'm in love with those two albums and would love to get any others like them! Any help would be appreciated!

jonnytakeawalk said:
I'm looking for other artists who have similar albums to passangers or zooropa. With those chilled out alternative tracks like lemon, your blue room, slug, numb, babyface etc.

I'm in love with those two albums and would love to get any others like them! Any help would be appreciated!

Kid A by radiohead. although it may be a little too experimental for you:wink: but who knows you may like it .
I highly recommend listening to this album:drool: :drool:

Try Ulrich Schnauss. He's probably the only fusion of electronic and ambient I can think of right now.

Melon

Low, or Heroes by David Bowie, both albums have several ambient instrumentals, but both albums have so much more, Always Crashing In The Same Car, & Some Are, from Low, & V2 Schnieder, Heroes, & Sons Of The Silent Age from Heroes are my particular favourites from each album, but there aren't any weak tracks on either, if thats of any help to you Jonnytakeawalk

As usual, Melon is correct in suggesting Herr Schnauss, whose music isn't quite what you're looking for but which comes pretty god damn close.

Holla at Another Green World, too, cuz it does some nice shit. Try Can. Try some of the stuff that Eno did with his German cronies in the '70s.

William Basinski, anybody? Autechre is another logical progression of where music like this (or passingly like this) would go and is still kinda going. Mid-period stuff is especially outstanding.

Man, there's just so much...

The collaboration between Brian Eno and David Byrne, "My Life In the Bush of Ghosts," would also be a fantastic addition to this list. It's one of those classic albums that have influenced countless musicians, but few people have heard. It makes you surprised that something like this could have been made in 1981.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom