Zoomerang96'S Airport Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
airport fans of interference, uh, unite!

Schiphol.jpg

0057.jpg

tubular_charles_de_gaulle_airport.jpg

I wanna go there so bad :(

What a beautiful airport! Admittedly, I'm not well traveled, but I do enjoy Tampa International as far as Florida airports are concerned.

Airports are my first memory of U2 in my adolescence that is, I rember bopping about to Achtung Baby when I was 4 anyway back on topic Airports are like completely pwnzor owning, platinum wanging cool mofo's...........

I need to go to Charles De Gaulle and do that swinging on the esculator thing

Last edited:
At the Brisbane airport they have food and drug sniffing beagles! There are all these signs before you go through customs threatening you to throw your food away now or the beagles will get you.

Rono said:

Chicago, is that a nice airport to wait ?

Its nothing special...but it worse when all the flights are cancelled due to bad weather and you have to sleep on a cot in the terminal with 500 other people :mad:

the rockin edge said:
are you speaking from a recent personal experience?

Not really recent...July or August 2003. My 6 hour flight from LA to Toronto ended up taking 24 hours because of thunderstorms.

Evalicious said:

:lol: Yes, i wanna do that too!

:applaud:

I was worrying I was the only one for a minute there :reject: :laugh:

Calluna said:
At the Brisbane airport they have food and drug sniffing beagles! There are all these signs before you go through customs threatening you to throw your food away now or the beagles will get you.

They have them at Orlando too. I made the stupid mistake of joking to my Dad that my drug stash better be well hidden.

Bono's American Wife said:

Its nothing special...but it worse when all the flights are cancelled due to bad weather and you have to sleep on a cot in the terminal with 500 other people :mad:
:ohmy: Do you think that i am better of to spend some extra time on the dallas airport ?

( sorry for asking :reject: )

Rono said:
:ohmy: Do you think that i am better of to spend some extra time on the dallas airport ?

( sorry for asking :reject: )

The Dallas airport is HUGE and there are a lot of restaurants and shops. It also has a little train that takes you from terminal to terminal...its fun :D

With Chicago, it depends on what time of year you go...summer thunderstorms cause a lot of delays. But I think that happens in Dallas too :hmm:

why is Zoomy's name attached to this thread?

anyway, I haven't been to many airports. Changi in Singapore, Tokyo-Narita, and the Beijing International. I think that's it.

yertle-the-turtle said:
why is Zoomy's name attached to this thread?

anyway, I haven't been to many airports. Changi in Singapore, Tokyo-Narita, and the Beijing International. I think that's it.

Zoomerang was talking about it another thread - it was a bit of a joke, really :)

HelloAngel said:
What a beautiful airport! Admittedly, I'm not well traveled, but I do enjoy Tampa International as far as Florida airports are concerned.

well, obviously you haven't experienced Laguardia Airport in Queens NY.
luxuary at it's finest.
paradise in transit.

:|

ummm......yeah, and JFK airport is 2nd best.

I've been to

Cincinnati
Louisville
Orlando
Tampa
Owensboro, KY
Evansville, IN
Chicago
JFK
Heathrow
Luton
Gatwick
Barcelona
BWI
Dulles
Reagan National
Dublin
Shannon
Manchester
Charlotte
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Nashville

I think that's it, but I may have forgotten some that I had a layover in or something. I don't fly much, unfortunately...just tend to fly back and forth between the same places.

when i was flying to india a couple of weeks ago, we had a 12 hour layover at Heathrow. i actually really like that airport now- tons of duty free shopping, and a direct line into central london! plus, they were playing HTDAAB over the PA system. :) it is a bit crowded though...

i've been to:
JFK
LaGuardia
Newark
Philadelphia
Boston
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
Nashville
Heathrow
Gatwick
Dublin
Paris (De Gaulle)
Cancun (?)
Houston
Tampa
Delhi

i think that's it... i actually really like Newark. :eek:

Shannon and Belfast international, I fly from the North to the South and back again every Summer, really just arsin' about AIRPORTS CAN BE GOOD:wink: IT CAN YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom