Zodiac?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevated_u2_fan

Blue Crack Supplier
Anyone else interested in this one?

I can't say I'm crazy about the cast but I am crazy about the director, crazy in love that is! :love:

David Fincher is a fucking genius and if it were possible I would bare his children.:cute:

Seven :drool: Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey, pure cinematic orgasm here people...:combust: The ending is mind-blowing!

The Game Michael Douglas and Sean Penn :up: wicked movie that keeps twisting and turning so you don't know what the fuck is going on.

Fight Club Despite the predictable twist, this movie fires on all cylinders and I love the fact that it's really not just about fighting... Brad Pitt again, Edward Norton :bow:, Meatloaf and Jared Leto gets the shit pounded out of his pretty face... what's not to like?

Panic Room This one tends to take some flack among the critics out there but I love it. Jodie Foster is OK but Forrest Whitaker is brilliant, Jared Leto gets his face burned :happy: and Dwight Yoakam?? Who knew this guy was such a scary mofo???

All in all Fincher has quite the resume, there is the matter of Alien 3 :uhoh: but that was his first film so I'm going to give him a pass on that one...

Can't wait to see this. I Native Born San Franciscan. David Fincher is cool. Loved Seven and The Game.

I'm going to see this over the weekend. It's getting great reviews, and I've enjoyed what I've seen of Fincher's stuff in the past. :up:

... but it's 2 hours and 40 minutes long. :no:

I really like the cast.

and the Donavon music. (I just saw him a couple a weeks back with David Lynch)

unfortunately the reviews are mixed.

I want to see it but I'm way too scared to, the trailer scared me enough.

Maybe I can wait for the DVD and fast forward through all the actual murder stuff.

robert downey jnr should've been given more screen time
he doesn't even playing anything , he's just being himself , traveling from one movie to another
Film is worth watching

no boos

just cold twisted truth

and bytheway
alien 3 is not that bad

much better then alien 4 anyways
:wink:

First really enjoyable 2007 movie I've seen this year.

It did drag on a bit though but it completely kept my interest. Everyone was fantastic in this. Downey Jr knew his part a little too well. :wink:

I say 8/10

After watching it I wiki'd it up and saw the actual notes he left for the police as scans. Such a psychopath.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Anyone else interested in this one?

I can't say I'm crazy about the cast but I am crazy about the director, crazy in love that is! :love:

David Fincher is a fucking genius and if it were possible I would bare his children.:cute:

Seven :drool: Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey, pure cinematic orgasm here people...:combust: The ending is mind-blowing!

The Game Michael Douglas and Sean Penn :up: wicked movie that keeps twisting and turning so you don't know what the fuck is going on.

Fight Club Despite the predictable twist, this movie fires on all cylinders and I love the fact that it's really not just about fighting... Brad Pitt again, Edward Norton :bow:, Meatloaf and Jared Leto gets the shit pounded out of his pretty face... what's not to like?

Panic Room This one tends to take some flack among the critics out there but I love it. Jodie Foster is OK but Forrest Whitaker is brilliant, Jared Leto gets his face burned :happy: and Dwight Yoakam?? Who knew this guy was such a scary mofo???

All in all Fincher has quite the resume, there is the matter of Alien 3 :uhoh: but that was his first film so I'm going to give him a pass on that one...

I love all those movies as well. I might have to check this one out. The trailer looks so scary though.

PlaTheGreat said:

After watching it I wiki'd it up and saw the actual notes he left for the police as scans. Such a psychopath.

You, or him? :D

I might just check it out tonight. I was torn between this one, or The Last King of Scotland.

Is there any serious violence in this? Or should I just say is it as disturbing as Se7en?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Is there any serious violence in this? Or should I just say is it as disturbing as Se7en?

not near as disturbing as Seven

this movie is constrained by the actual story

it is a good movie, worth seeing
they got most of the seventies stuff right
(I was 14 in 1969, when the story begins and I do recall quite a bit)

the story is almost the lead character

it follows the story
more than any of the stars

I'm pretty excited for this one, going to the 2:00pm show. I've always been fascinated by serial killers, so it's a perfect movie for me to go see.

elevated_u2_fan said:

What? You didn't like the crazy druggy in the bed? Or what about the scene with the prostitue? :wink:

Oh no, those were my favorites...

:barf:

angelordevil said:

You, or him? :D

My fascination with the criminal mind makes most people think I'm a psycho too. I'm used to it. :wink:
I'd make it my profession but I don't like dealing with people, so it's quite the bummer.

:up: x 1,000,000

I don't go to see many movies in theatres (I'm cheap), but this one was well worth my money. Yes, it's long at 2:40min, but I didn't get bored at all, and it kept my attention the entire time.

:up: :up:

I thought it was really good. It did get a tad slow around the 2/3 mark, but then it picked up again.

I actually thought it had the feel of a character-study film than a thriller like "Se7en", though it definitely had it's thrilling moments. It seemed more about the devestation/effect this one case had on all the people's lives involved in trying to figure it out, and how the Zodiac's actions had a much wider, rippling effect than just the lives of his victims.

Excellent film and a great progression for Fincher. :applaud:

I just saw it and thought it was just okay. I was interested in the story, because I really couldn't remember what had happened, but it wasn't exactly edge-of-your-seat storytelling. Always a treat to see Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey, Jr., though. But where was that good butt shot of Ruffalo that a friend told me to look out for? :angry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom