Zodiac?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want maybe 33% of the time I spent watching this film back. I mean, I'm all for deliberate pacing, but give me a fucking break.

Robert Downey Jr was pimpsauce as usual, however.

That is all.

I really enjoyed it, Fincher continues to be my Hero...

The pacing was slow but because he stayed pretty faithful to real life events it was bound to happen. :shrug:

I loved the part where Jake Gyllenhaal is down in that creepy dude's basement...

That was one of the main complaints about the movie I have heard. Fincher apparently became obsessed with the accuracy of the story and in some cases he has sacrificed "standard movie plot convention" in order to be faithful to the story...

I found it fascinating and the ending was perfect as far as I'm concerned but I can see where some might find the film too slow and the ending rather anticlimactic...

I guess that's where the problem lies with most true story movies. How far do you go to making a movie, versus recreating an event/events? This is my major beef with criticisms of movies like this, providing the basis of the movie is a good one - people criticising it as a movie, when whoever directed it was simply honouring the true story in the first place. If its failure lies in the making itself, fine, but not because "it was too gruesome/not gruesome enough" or "the plot was dull".

Thanks, though, elevated_non-pleban!

:lol:

Lame joke at the elevated bono stuff from pleba all those years back. I know you're not a pleban, it's just the association I make with your screen name :D sorry!

: olivebranch:

I had doubts about the movie prior to watching it, but I'm very glad I did, it was so well done I had to watch it a second time. Storytelling, dialogue, acting, etc were executed with such finesse that it it was able to make a movie about serial killer seem magical. Definitely two thumbs up from me.

Angela Harlem said:
:lol:

Lame joke at the elevated bono stuff from pleba all those years back. I know you're not a pleban, it's just the association I make with your screen name :D sorry!

: olivebranch:

: olivebranchaccepted:

elevation2u said:
I had doubts about the movie prior to watching it, but I'm very glad I did, it was so well done I had to watch it a second time. Storytelling, dialogue, acting, etc were executed with such finesse that it it was able to make a movie about serial killer seem magical. Definitely two thumbs up from me.

I think it's funny because one of his first movies is probably the definative "Serial Killer Movie"; Seven...

The fact that he went with this one but grounded it so much in reality I think is what really impresses me the most.

Last edited:
Seven definitely had the serial killer/ suspense feel to it, whereas Zodiac I found more to be storytelling on the accounts of the investigators and how the obsession to find the killer affected their personal lives. The murder scenes were not gruesome to the standard of most films, but they were chilling and creepy nonetheless. Certainly proving that sometimes less really is more.

Back
Top Bottom