Zip Disks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Okay, all of you smart computer people...help me out...

I've now had my second zip disk in a week go bad on me (files were corrupted and couldn't be opened...that kind of stuff).

When not in use, I keep them stored in their cases in my backpack. My backpack is always kept at a normal temperature (meaning that I don't leave it in my car overnight or jam it in the freezer or anything stupid).

So...is it a coincidence? Or are there other things I could be doing to prevent losin' my freakin' homework assignments all of the time?!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Don't tell me that everybody around here is as lame as I am...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Well for 1, I dont have a zip drive, let alone any files as such... my computer consists of a 166 which is constantly crashing and being a pain in the ass, which is primarily why i email myself files rather than use a disk... but hey, whatever

The only thing I keep on my Zip Disk is my website. Of course, I'd go ballistic mental if the disk got corrupted. But I don't think they're supposed to be subjected to impact... or whatever. Maybe that's why? *shrugs*

Besides, Zip Disks are a nusance because not enough computers have them to warrant using one.

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparkyism

"There's no room for spiritual constitpation here!" - Ian Astbury, The Cult

SlipStream Soul

well, if you operate macs, or, in my case, an entire lab of macs, then zip discs are quite useful.

have you considered that the drive you are using is bad and is killing your discs? if your drive makes clicking noises, it's due to a known problem, and iomega will have to replace your drive. but, this is assuming you can't even read your discs.

otherwise, it might be an old storage problem, and i'd reformat your discs. otherwise, your file corruption will continue regardless, even if you correct your storage problem. reformatting, however, will erase all the data on your discs, so make sure you can afford to lose whatever is on those discs.

mad.gif

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

Could it be iOmega's Click of Death???
grim.gif

Here's an info link: What is the Click of Death???

But I can't complain... had it once, but I returned it and got a remanufactured one... Besides that, I now have a Parallel Zip100, USB Zip250, and Predator CDburner, all from Iomega... :/

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 10-24-2001).]

Thanks for the advice, everybody!

I don't have a Zip drive with my comp. The only time I use a Zip drive is on the computers at school. Maybe my college just sucks.
mad.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Well for 1, I dont have a zip drive, let alone any files as such... my computer consists of a 166 which is constantly crashing and being a pain in the ass, which is primarily why i email myself files rather than use a disk... but hey, whatever

How often do you defragmetize ( ? ) your computer ?. I have a 133 and never have problems ( I defragmetize once a week ).

Back
Top Bottom